The Environmental Services Project Manager (known internally as a Field Service Specialist) is responsible for supporting and enhancing customer service and satisfaction in conjunction with the Account Manager. This individual scopes projects, provides client support, and prepares proposals/cost estimates. Environmental Projects include tank cleaning, remediation, demolition, vacuum services, decontamination, marine operations and emergency response services.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5
- Competitive wages
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment
- Group 401K with company matching component
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement
- Positive and safe work environments
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
- Ensure Health and Safety is the number one goal by following policies, processes, and acting in a safe manner at all times.
- Conduct walk-throughs and scope potential projects for clients including cost estimation, technical proposal preparation and client sales and support.
- Provide technical support for proposal preparation, project cost estimates and subcontractor selection and procurement.
- Act as an agent of business and is involved with developing relationships with key customers and understanding the customer issues.
- Interface with the customer in a professional and effective manner to update them on the project status and/or to resolve problems/issues.
- Work with the Field Service Coordinator in the communication of the labor, equipment and resources required to complete field service and emergency response projects.
- Participate in joint sales calls with the Account Manager.
- Ensure proper communication to the foreman/supervisor to ensure that contractual obligations are met to complete requested services, project progression status and change orders are completed and executed, prior to any additional work being performed. Ensures the customer acknowledges change order(s).
- Review operational procedures to assure correct health & safety action plans and communicate effectively with the health & safety organization regarding on-site specific action.
- Document competitive issues and convey findings to management.
- Perform other duties and tasks as assigned from time to time by management as required by the needs of the business.
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- Ability to work an on-call rotation and weekends as needed;
- Ability to travel overnight 25%;
- High School diploma or equivalent required; Bachelor’s Degree preferred;
- 5+ years of experience in Environmental Services;
- Ability to work in a high demand deadline oriented environment;
- Knowledge of equipment, environmental regulations/statutes, safety and compliance strongly preferred;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills;
- Proficiency in Windows based applications.
- Salesforce experience preferred
- Requires near visual acuity, speaking and listening.
- Requires sitting, standing, walking, grasping and reaching.
- Requires lifting up to 10lbs, pulling and/or pushing and carrying.
40-years of sustainability in action. At Clean Harbors, our mission is to create a safer, cleaner environment through the treatment, recycling, and disposal of hazardous materials. Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is on-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
Join our safety focused team today To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at https://careers.cleanharbors.com
Clean Harbors is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ancestry, color, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or on the basis of any other federal, state/provincial or local protected class.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.