Clean Harbors Canada is looking forward to welcoming an Operational Excellence & Assurance Regional Health & Safety Manager to our safety conscious team!
The Manager provides comprehensive Health and Safety operational excellence and compliance assurance leadership, direction, and support to field operations across Canada. This includes providing guidance and direction to management, operational and Health & Safety personnel on Health and Safety execution effectiveness, compliance assurance, and continuous improvement.
This position will ideally be based out of Calgary or Edmonton however, there may be the opportunity for the successful candidate to work from another major Clean Harbors Canada location.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive wages and bonus plan!
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment
- Group RRSP with company matching component
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement
- Positive and safe work environments
- Ensure that Health and Safety (H&S) is the number one priority by complying with all safe work practices, policies, and processes and act in a safe manner at all times;
- Operational & Regional Excellence: Champion Cross-Region Support Coordination, Effectiveness & Efficiency which includes standardization of processes, the establishment of guiding principles and support continuous improvement activities;
- Compliance Assurance: Lead and coordinate H&S Compliance Assurance Processes including internal and external systems audits, field audits and other assurance activities to verify alignment with H&S execution and continuous improvement;
- Drive and integrate fit-for-purpose standardization across businesses in Canada;
- Facilitate OHS Regulatory Compliance which includes regulatory surveillance and responding to OHS technical matters across Canadian jurisdictions;
- Steer program development, vitality, alignment and continuous improvement;
- Partner and influence stakeholders throughout the region…drive our Live It 3-6-5 safety culture;
- Champion and lead Canada-wide initiatives as required;
- Share opportunities with Operational and Health and Safety leadership;
- Support Operations, Safety Meetings, Health & Safety Committee(s) and other teams;
- Advise and represent Company as required.
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- Proven experience and results with leading H&S operational excellence, compliance assurance, and transformations across regional/shared services support environments;
- Mastery of H&S management systems and field auditing/assurance processes and execution – Advanced auditor skills and certification(s) essential.
- Occupational Health & Safety diploma, preferably a Degree in Occupational Health & Safety or a closely related field;
- 8+ years of progressive Health & Safety management responsibilities;
- 5+ years proven people leadership/managing direct reports experience is required;
- Proven ability to drive change, influence and digitization across the organization – process improvement experience & skills (e.g. Six-Sigma, Lean) an asset;
- Track record of thriving in multi-business line support, multi-jurisdictional, matrixed and complex North American/multi-national environments;
- Industrial, route-based and/or other field services experience;
- Excellent knowledge of Federal and Provincial health and safety regulations;
- Related Professional Certification will be an asset (e.g. CRSP, CSP, ROH, CIH etc.);
- Strong time management, written/verbal communication, and digital technology skills;
- Ability to travel 25%+ (25% of travel will be overnight travel and the rest will be day travel)
- Bilingual (English & French) skills will be an asset.
40-years of sustainability in action. At Clean Harbors, our mission is to create a safer, cleaner environment through the treatment, recycling, and disposal of hazardous materials. Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is on-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
Join our safety focused team today! To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at https://careers.cleanharbors.com/.
For additional information about driver career opportunities, please call us at 1-833-32-DRIVE (1-833-32-37483).
Clean Harbors is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ancestry, color, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or on the basis of any other federal, state/provincial or local protected class.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.