Clean Harbors is hiring a Sr. Unified Communications Engineer. This position will provide design, support and maintenance for VoIP communications and collaboration solutions. This position will have responsibility and latitude to identify problems, communicate ideas and potential solutions with other team members, and work toward a resolution.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive wages
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment
- Group 401K with company matching component
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement
- Positive and safe work environments
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
- Ensures Health and Safety is the number one goal by following policies, processes, and acting in a safe manner at all times.
- Work with Network Engineering and Enterprise Collaborations teams to design, implement and support communication and collaboration systems in a global, multi-site environment.
- Perform analytical, technical and administrative services for the Telecommunications systems.
- Manage relationships with telecommunications service providers and maintenance vendors.
- Ensure compliance with all local and international regulations and guidelines for telephony.
- Must have strong organizational skills to participate in activities related to concurrent projects.
- Support global VoIP infrastructure to ensure the telephony needs of the business are met.
- Approve and modify design to ensure compliance with local and international regulations.
- Troubleshoot highly complex data, voice or video network and hardware problems.
- Perform capacity planning through the ongoing monitoring, alerting, and reporting of resource utilization levels and errors in the environment using a variety of tools and processes.
- Maintain inventories for support and maintenance per location by working with our selected vendor(s).
- Identify and improve voice infrastructure across all Clean Harbors locations.
- Develop, maintain, and audit all voice network related documentation as it relates to configuration, processes, service records, asset inventories, topologies, administration manuals, job instructions, support contacts, etc.
- Develop voice infrastructure monitoring and management solutions to proactively monitor voice and video network performance, and troubleshooting problems.
- Collaborate with Voice and Network Engineering to develop a unified Communication strategy.
- Develop and oversee the adherence to maintenance and performance standards of data, voice or video network hardware and systems.
- Perform telephony assessments.
- Assist Voice and Network Engineering in the design, implementation and optimization of the IP voice network.
- Provide knowledge transfer and detailed design/operational documentation to colleagues.
- Responsible for day to day support of the business through Service Now Ticketing system.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret quotes and reports. Ability to correspond, effectively present information, and respond to questions from employees, management, vendors and customers.
- Cisco Certification CCNA Collaboration is required
- Experience with Cisco Journey Platform is highly desirable
- Previous experience with Broadsoft communication service is desirable
- Experience with Microsoft Lync and Cisco IP telephony integration is desirable
- Experience in supporting voice solutions international level
- Previous experience implementing Cisco VoIP solution with call routing to USA is highly desirable
- Experience with backup systems and Disaster Recovery methods for both CUCM and Unity Connection Servers
- Able to demonstrate a solid understanding of IP subnetting.
- Solid knowledge of LAN/WAN routing and switching technologies and QOS design & implementation.
- Extensive experience with CUCM, dial plans, call features, media resources
- Solid knowledge of voice protocols such as SIP, H323, MGCP, SCCP. Current knowledge/understanding of SRST.
- Previous experience configuring Cisco network routers and switches is desirable
- Experience with MPLS and Routing protocols such as OSPF and BGP
- Promote and maintain a high standard of customer service at all times.
- Ability to maintain and continually develop accurate product knowledge.
- Ability to problem-solve items of a dynamic nature.
Wondering what to expect in starting your career with Clean Harbors? Click Here to view a Day in the Life Video!
40-years of sustainability in action. At Clean Harbors, our mission is to create a safer, cleaner environment through the treatment, recycling, and disposal of hazardous materials. Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is on-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
Join our safety focused team today! To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at https://careers.cleanharbors.com/.
For additional information about driver career opportunities, please call us at 1-833-32-DRIVE (1-833-32-37483).
Clean Harbors is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ancestry, color, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or on the basis of any other federal, state/provincial or local protected class.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.