The Systems Engineer is responsible for installation, configuration (hardware, operating system software, tuning, utility software, and application software), management of servers and storage equipment. This position also provides Level-2 technical assistance to department associates.
- Ensures Health and Safety is the number one goal by following policies, processes, and acting in a safe manner at all times.
- Work with the business and our Dev/QA groups to respond to work requests regarding installation, configuration and maintenance of server software and hardware.
- Assist in design, planning and implementation of IT solutions as part of the Infrastructure Team; ranging from Microsoft related deployments to VMWare/Virtualization infrastructure & other 3rd party solutions.
- Provide daily Server, Storage, Virtualization and IT infrastructure administration and support, including system stability, integrity, troubleshooting, and managing user and active directory administration.
- Maintain servers including software and hardware troubleshooting, system repair, and preventive maintenance.
- Work as part of our server-infrastructure team ensuring 24/7 operations of our primary Datacenter and all systems within.
- Log and track users’ issues in our helpdesk application. (escalated L2 tickets) As well mentoring lower level systems personnel.
- Performs other duties and tasks as assigned from time to time by management and will be required by the needs of the Clean Harbors business.
- Act as an advocate for security mindedness in all implementations, actively work to ensure compliance with SOX, PCI and other audits against the environment.
- Ensures high availability and proper backup / disaster recovery protections are in place
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related job experience + industry certifications/training.
- 4+ years related Systems Engineering experience working directly for a corporation/entity. Enterprise Class equipment, Datacenter/NOC experience a plus.
- Certifications with Microsoft, Cisco, EMC, VMWare and other relevant authorities in Enterprise IT eco-system are a plus.
- Strong scripting experience: PowerShell (Preferred), VBScript, Batch
- Strong troubleshooting/problem solving/Analytical skills.
- Windows 10 Deployment/migration experience a plus
- Office 365 & Exchange online administrative experience REQUIRED; migration/deployment experience a plus
- Proficiency in design, implementation, maintenance and troubleshooting of the following required: Microsoft Active Directory, Microsoft Exchange Server, Microsoft Windows Server 2008R2, 2012R2, 2016 Microsoft Hyper-V 2012 R2+, VMWare ESXi 6.3+, VMWare VCenter and CORE services running on these services.
- Strong technical knowledge and experience working with Microsoft Systems Center products: System Center Configuration Manager, Systems Center Virtual Machine Manager.
- Experiencing working with and managing monitoring solutions for IT operations, equipment and application performance such as Solar Winds.
- Experience working with enterprise equipment and servers from but not limited to the following: HPE (HP Blade and Rack Servers), DELL Servers/Storage, Cisco UCS Blade Centers – Cisco UCS Experience Preferred
- Strong technical knowledge of and experience managing an enterprise class backup suite
- Experience working in a 24/7 IT self-hosted environment/Datacenter operations. Must understand redundancy of connectivity both physical and logical.
- Strong technical knowledge of the following client PC operating systems, including Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 10.
- Technical knowledge and experience with the use of Windows Failover clustering / Windows HA Clustering.
- Expert knowledge and experience administrating and deploying virtualization technologies, specifically Hyper-V & VMWare eco systems.
- Technical knowledge SAN Storage, NAS Storage, storage area network technologies, replication technologies, Fiber-Channel preferred but iSCSI acceptable.
- Ability to present solutions based on technical knowledge and past experiences.
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision; self-motivated / take on a project and run with it type
- Ability to work under pressure in face paced environment.
- Ability to work in an office environment and sit at a desk for long periods of time.
- Ability to lift 75lbs / move equipment or otherwise work physically in an IT Datacenter to rack/manage equipment where needed. Including standing, bending, climbing, kneeling.
Wondering what to expect in starting your career with Clean Harbors? Click Here to view a Day in the Life Video!
40-years of sustainability in action. At Clean Harbors, our mission is to create a safer, cleaner environment through the treatment, recycling, and disposal of hazardous materials. Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is on-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
Join our safety focused team today! To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at https://careers.cleanharbors.com/.
For additional information about driver career opportunities, please call us at 1-833-32-DRIVE (1-833-32-37483).
Clean Harbors is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ancestry, color, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or on the basis of any other federal, state/provincial or local protected class.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.