Clean Harbors Ponca City, OK is looking for a Mobile Mechanic to join their safety conscious team! This position will be responsible for conducting routine maintenance, inspections and repairs on our fleet of company vehicles, trucks, and heavy equipment at branch locations in the Greater OK area.
Paid Weekly, overtime after 40 hrs.
Working on a wide variety of equipment including but not limited to: Trailers, Pick-ups, Vacuum and Hydrovac Trucks
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive wages
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment
- Group 401K with company matching component
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement
- Positive and safe work environments
- Ensuring that Health and Safety is the number one priority by complying with all safe work practices, policies, and processes and acting in a safe manner at all times;
- Must be able to complete all fleet maintenance processes and ensure that units always meet DOT specifications and properly fill out company forms perform preventative maintenance tasks and inspections on company vehicles and equipment;
- Travel to other locations to perform repairs and maintenance on equipment;
- Perform routine maintenance such as changing oil, checking batteries, and lubricating equipment, vehicles, and machinery;
- Assist drivers with addressing outstanding vehicle issues;
- Accurately record time, parts, and inspection checklists;
- Move company equipment safely on yard as needed;
- Ability to troubleshoot, diagnose and repair equipment and vehicles;
- Comply with mandatory Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) requirements during all work-related activities and tasks;
- Disassemble, inspects and replace worn or broken parts. Fit and adjust new or repaired parts;
- Diagnose and repair engines, transmissions, clutches, electrical and pneumatic systems, gearboxes, hydraulics, cooling systems, exhaust, brakes, suspensions, lights, etc. on a variety of yard equipment, heavy duty trucks, trailers, and other equipment;
- Safely operates gauges, forklifts, shunt truck, torches, grinders, and various hand and power tools;
- Coordinate parts for mobile repair unit;
- Completes and submits all associated paperwork as required;
- Perform other duties and tasks as assigned from time to time by management and will be required by the needs of the Clean Harbors business.
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- 1 + years of diesel truck repair experience preferred;
- Valid driver's license required;
- Air Brake Certification or at least 1 year of hands on Air Brake work experience is strongly preferred;
- Proven Heavy Duty Technician experience;
- Certifications in related fields preferred (Freightliner, Sterling, Western Star, Detroit Diesel, Cummins, Allison, CAT, Eaton Fuller);
- Experience in engines, chassis, drive-line, hydraulic systems, air brakes, A/C systems, electronic systems preferred.
40-years of sustainability in action. At Clean Harbors, our mission is to create a safer, cleaner environment through the treatment, recycling, and disposal of hazardous materials. Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is on-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
Clean Harbors is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ancestry, color, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or on the basis of any other federal, state/provincial or local protected class.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.