Clean Harbors Waynoka, OK location is looking for a Lab Chemist III to join their safety conscious team. The Lab Chemist III is responsible for recipe development, receiving identification of materials, operating lab machines and understanding results. This will be a day shift role with 40 hour work week; OT and Saturdays as needed.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5;
- Competitive wages;
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment;
- Group 401K/ with company matching component;
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career;
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement;
- Positive and safe work environments.
- Ensuring that Health and Safety is the number one priority by complying with all safe work practices, policies, and processes and acting in a safe manner;
- Performs non-routine analysis of samples following prescribed procedures, with the ability to solve minor problems;
- Calibrates and utilizes basic instrumentation, with the understanding of underlying theories;
- Maintenance of equipment, suggests solutions to problems;
- Completes all paperwork associated with the analyses in a neat and timely fashion (Ex., calibration logs, run logs, etc.);
- Ensures that all work meets applicable QA/QC guidelines;
- Supply management oversight;
- Proper management of waste generated as a result of analytical procedures;
- Works well under direction of Laboratory Manager;
- Help train less Sr. or new members of the laboratory team;
- Performs training and other aspects of Chemical Hygiene Plan as directed by the Lab Manager or Supervisor;
- Review all applicable laboratory SOPs annually, and scores a satisfactory on SOP quizzes;
- Performs other duties and tasks as assigned from time to time by management and will be required by the needs of the Clean Harbors business.
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- High School Diploma or equivalent required;
- Bachelor's in Chemistry or related science preferred;
- 2+ years of experience in a laboratory setting required;
- Solid understanding of math, chemistry and chemical testing;
- 24 or 40 Hour OSHA training and annual updates preferred;
- Good organizational skills, decisiveness and initiative required.
40-years of sustainability in action. At Clean Harbors, our mission is to create a safer, cleaner environment through the treatment, recycling, and disposal of hazardous materials. Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico, and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is on-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
Join our safety focused team today! To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at https://careers.cleanharbors.com/.
We thank all those interested in joining the Clean Harbors team; however only those that complete the online application and meet the minimum job qualifications will be considered for this role.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.