Clean Harbors is looking for a Billing Representative to join their safety conscious team! The Billing Services Representative reports directly to the Billing Supervisor and is responsible for managing and maintaining the accuracy, quality, and timeliness of monthly billing in accordance with customer specifications and company policies and procedures.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive wages
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment
- Group 401K with company matching component
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement
- Positive and safe work environments
- Ensuring that Health and Safety is the number one priority by complying with all safe work practices, policies, and processes and acting in a safe manner at all times;
- Generate reports including, but not limited to Unbilled, Ready and Not Ready reports from the Win system, manifests and worksheets; Review the data and verifies that correct prices populate the order before posting preview.
- Research customer requests to solve problems/issues and answers questions regarding invoices in a timely, courteous and professional manner.
- Calculate discounts when required.
- Review instructions, profile, and waste class detail to determine if conversions need to be done to get the correct unit measure for the customer.
- Crosschecking and reconciling scanned worksheets, manifest, weight tickets, billing items and printing of invoices and the corresponding backup documents
- Interface with sales and customer service frequently in a professional and courteous manner.
- Compute daily billing totals for both invoiced and previewed orders and provides billing statistics upon request for special projects.
- Cross-train in other areas to ensure coverage in the case of illness, vacation, etc.
- Interact with other departments to resolve billing issues and assist in getting jobs set up correctly to avoid future problems.
- Stay current with electronic mailing of invoices to customers; Keep the workbench updated.
- Complete credit/rebills in timely manner.
- Complete and submit any special documents and/or reports that customers may require accompanying or replace invoices.
- Require mandatory overtime during week and weekends during billing close or special projects.
- Performs other duties and tasks as assigned from time to time by management and will be required by the needs of the Clean Harbors business.
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- High School diploma required; Associate’s or bachelor’s preferred
- 1+ years billing or related work experience
- Strong time management and customer service skills
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Strong math skills and basic accounting knowledge
- Strong PC skill including Word and Excel
- Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines
- Possess and utilize problem-solving skills
- Demonstrate ability to assess priorities and operate in a flexible manner to meet dynamic needs and high-volume productivity standards.
- Ability to use independent judgment when reviewing orders and work with minimal supervision in a fast-paced team environment. Works with audit team to correct errors and resolve problem.
Wondering what to expect in starting your career with Clean Harbors? Click Here to view a Day in the Life Video!
40-years of sustainability in action. At Clean Harbors, our mission is to create a safer, cleaner environment through the treatment, recycling, and disposal of hazardous materials. Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is on-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
Join our safety focused team today! To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at https://careers.cleanharbors.com/.
For additional information about driver career opportunities, please call us at 1-833-32-DRIVE (1-833-32-37483).
Clean Harbors is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ancestry, color, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or on the basis of any other federal, state/provincial or local protected class.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company