Clean Harbors is seeking a Senior Field Operations Accountant in Deer Park, Texas. The Senior Field Operations Accountant is responsible to review, reconcile, and maintain a variety of accounting and financial data and information, including assisting with financial closings, preparing a variety of reports, other financial transactions, preparation, review and research of business unit profit and loss. The Senior Field Operations Accountant is responsible for the more complex accounts and tasks which involve experience, judgment and independent decision making.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5;
- Competitive wages o Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment;
- Group 401K with company matching component o Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career;
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement Key Responsibilities;
- Ensuring that Health and Safety is the number one priority by complying with all safe work practices, policies, and processes and acting in a safe manner at all times;
- Responsible for monthly financial close of assigned duties and meeting close timelines. Including the preparation and posting of journal entries and accruals;
- Distribute monthly PO reports to PO creators, compile responses and prepare monthly accruals. Follow up on outstanding PO items to ensure liabilities are accurately reflected;
- Responsible for reading, comprehending, and following the applicable narratives pertaining to Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) requirements;
- Assist in preparing and updating quarterly inventory files as needed;
- Assist in preparing reports to help management understand how the company is performing;
- Interacting with Finance Managers for various task (i.e. unbilled, inventory review, purchase orders, etc.);
- Interact with Field Office personnel to ensure reports and other various activities are completed in a timely manner (i.e. unbilled, purchase orders, etc.);
- Prepare analyses on income statement accounts as needed;
- Performs other duties and tasks as assigned from time to time by management and will be required by the needs of the Clean Harbors business.
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- High school diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting preferred;
- 3+ years of accounting experience required.
- Experience with data mining and manipulation of large spreadsheets required;
- Experience presenting to management required;
- Experience providing accounting support in multi-facility environment required.
- Strong understanding of the debit and credit process.
- Advanced MS Excel required.
- Driven self-starter with attention to detail and problem-solving skills required.
- Ability to work on multiple projects at the same time required.
- Ability to work well and communicate with others required
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
- Able to maintain confidentiality.
Wondering what to expect in starting your career with Clean Harbors? Click Here to view a Day in the Life Video!
40-years of sustainability in action. At Clean Harbors, our mission is to create a safer, cleaner environment through the treatment, recycling, and disposal of hazardous materials. Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is on-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us. Join our safety focused team today!
To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at https://careers.cleanharbors.com
Clean Harbors is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ancestry, color, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or on the basis of any other federal, state/provincial or local protected class.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.