Clean Harbors has an opening for an Environmental Specialist/Chemist in Indianapolis, IN. The Environmental Specialist/Chemist will work at a cluster of customer sites from Indianopolis to Hartford; and is responsible for assisting with waste management within customer sites. Additional responsibilities include the inventory, profiling, scheduling, and shipping of materials and waste products. Our Environmental Specialist position is an entry point into an exciting and rewarding career at Clean Harbors. Transitioning Military, this is a great opportunity to leverage your skills and training as you return to civilian life. This position is known internally as a Insite Chemist.
*THIS POSITION/CUSTOMER LOCATION IS IN INDIANAPOLIS, IN AND HARTFORD CITY, IN*
***MUST HAVE WASTE EXPERIENCE OR HAVE WORKED IN A LAB AND UNDERSTAND CHEMICALS TO BE CONSIDERED***
*THIS IS NOT A LAB BASED POSITION*
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive wages
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment
- Group 401K with company matching component
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement
- Positive and safe work environments
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
- Ensures that Health and Safety is the number one priority by complying with all safe work practices, policies, and processes and acting in a safe manner at all times;
- Prepares computer-generated profiles for materials as well as material inventory;
- Responsible for helping build drum loads and ship out to the disposal sites/incinerator;
- Drum movement to appropriate areas for shipping;
- Collects, segregates, and properly packages waste chemicals for disposal to maximize efficiency and maintain compliance;
- Prepare all necessary tracking paperwork.
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- 1+ years of hazardous waste handling experience;
- 1+ years of previous experience working in an environmental setting;
- Valid Drivers License;
- Labor intensive type position;
- Must be able to lift up to 40 pounds;
- Basic computer skills.
Employment is contingent upon a successful background check and drug screen. Some positions also require a pre-hire medical exam and/or a driving history review. Must meet all work eligibility requirements. Environmentally-responsible business.