Our Safety Kleen Performance Products blending and packaging facility in Metairie, LA is looking for a Facility Shipping Coordinator to join the team. This position is responsible for insuring all inbound and outbound transportation needs are scheduled for all external and internal customers. This position offers NO TRAVEL and weekly overtime paid at time and a half! We are looking for a structured individual with a flexible schedule.
Why work for Safety-Kleen?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5
- Competitive wages
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment
- Group 401K with company matching component
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement
- Positive and safe work environments
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
- Ensures Health and Safety is the number one priority by complying with all safe work practices, policies, and processes and acting in a safe manner at all times;
- Ensures that all labels and manifest forms are completed, accurate and printed prior to scheduling jobs;
- Supports the load planning function of the plant and confirming the readiness of outbound loads for transportation; including rail shipments to the Rail Group and Central Logistics;
- Responsible for the preparation of outbound paperwork, (printing and creating outbound manifests and hazardous waste labels) associated with the offsite shipments and ensuring compliance with Department of Transportation guidelines and assures proper paperwork is submitted in a timely fashion;
- Works closely with the Central Logistics Group, Rail Group, plant, and Co-workers to ensure that the outbound needs and schedules are adhered to and ensure proper communication of disposal outlets’ slot times needs or changes;
- Supports the Facility Shipping Supervisor in helping control and manage the aging inventory in accordance with Clean Compliance KPI’s;
- Supports the Facility Shipping Supervisor with tracking systems and assuring quality control in accordance with Clean Compliance KPI’s;
- Knowledge of WIN central and plant receiving, drum staging, and profile access and printing;
- Data entry of tracking info into WIN for drum and bulk tracking operations;
- Scheduling international container shipments;
- Supply management in their area of responsibility, including proper housekeeping and best management practices.
What does it take to work for Safety-Kleen?
- Minimum of 1+ year logistics experience;
- The ability to work overtime and 2nd shift as needed;
- Hazmat training strongly preferred;
- Strong computer skills with a solid proficiency in Windows-based applications;
- Strong customer service and leadership skills.
Join our team today To learn more about our company and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at www.safety-kleen.com/careers
Safety-Kleen Systems, a Clean Harbors company, has a commitment to excellence deeply rooted in a strong sense of tradition. Our entire business model revolves around keeping North American businesses green. We generate more than $1.2 billion in annual revenue as a world-class environmental service organization and market leader in industrial hazardous waste management, parts-cleaning technology, and oil re-refining. We collect over 200 million gallons of used motor oil each year and we have the largest re-refinery capacity in North America allowing us to re-refine more than 150 million gallons each year. Every day, we help our customers resolve their waste management needs and reduce their carbon footprint. PROTECTION. CHOICES. PEOPLE. MAKE GREEN WORK ™
We thank all those interested in joining the Safety-Kleen team; however only those that complete the online application and meet the minimum job qualifications will be considered for this role.
Safety-Kleen Systems, a Clean Harbors company is a Military & Veteran friendly company.