This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Charlotte, NC, United States
Date Posted: May 18, 2022
Category: General Labor
Job ID: 79799
Clean Harbors in Charlotte, NC is looking for Material Handler (Driver) to join the team. The Material Handler, known internally as the InSite Technician will use your personal vehicle, (we offer milage reimbursement) to collect medical waste within Charlotte, NC. hospitals and deposit the materials to their proper storage area within the facility. You will be responsible for proper packing, offloading and disposition materials to a Clean Harbors facility. Outstanding customer service is a must. This is a great opportunity for a Gig driver seeking a solid career opportunity.
Key Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Ensuring that Health and Safety is the number one priority by complying with all safe work practices, policies, and processes and always preforming work in a safe manner
• Interacting with customers in a friendly and professional manner
• Making pickups of hazardous waste throughout the customers main and satellite locations
• Performing physical labor duties (ie. Moving various hazardous and non-hazardous waste)
• Entering waste pickups into a spreadsheet
• HS Diploma or equivalent
• Valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle required - will be reimbursed for mileage
• RCRA / DOT experience is preferred
• Ability to interact with customers and represent Clean Harbors in a professional manner
• Ability to wear all required (PPE) personal protective equipment at all designated times
• Requires sitting, standing, walking, puling and/or pushing, stooping, and lifting
• Basic computer skills
• Attention to Detail
• Able to handle multiple tasks
Why work for Clean Harbors?
• Health and Safety is our #1 priority. We live it 3-6-5!
• Competitive hourly wages
• Mileage reimbursement
• Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment
• Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement
• Positive and safe work environments
• Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career