Clean Harbors is looking for a Sustainability Manager to join their safety conscious team! Lead the ESG/Sustainability reporting and help drive execution of the company-wide sustainability strategy for Clean Harbors as well as delivery of sustainable solution offerings for new and existing Clean Harbors customers. A top priority will be the oversight of the Company’s sustainability reporting efforts. In addition, this role will support collaborative development and execution of an effective strategy for Clean Harbors’ Closed-Loop customers and provide recommendations for sales efforts that will advance the solutions Clean Harbors provides to commercial, industrial, and corporate entities seeking to enhance their sustainable energy goals. Other expectations are to ensure that all sustainability initiatives enhance Clean Harbors’ business performance and lead to shareholder value while also supporting the Clean Harbor brand and company image.
Position to be based in Richardson, TX or Norwell, MA.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Pay for you to obtain your CDL
- Competitive wages
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment
- Group 401K with company matching component
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement
- Positive and safe work environments
- Ensuring that Health and Safety is the number one priority by complying with all safe work practices, policies, and processes and acting in a safe manner at all times;
- Lead the effort to implement an integrated sustainability strategy, with associated goals designed to drive business results, measure and report progress toward sustainability goals, reduce risk and ensure continuity and enhance brand value
- Partner with customer facing parts of the organization to provide insight and direction to sales teams regarding sustainability/renewable trends and provide guidance in developing outreach to prospective customers who could benefit from our products and solutions
- Partner with sales teams to develop concrete solutions for customers that will increase the likelihood of a sustainable solution purchases from Clean Harbors and, in so doing, enhance the image of the customers and help them meet their environmental sustainability goals
- Keep senior leadership, Compliance and Investor Relations abreast of sustainability trends, priorities and strategies including key ESG initiatives
- Collaborate with the Company’s internal groups (e.g., plant operations, engineering, environmental, legal, supply chain, marketing, etc.) to develop an integrated and coordinated sustainability plan
- Build sustainability metrics into short and long-range business planning, capital planning and operations planning
- Coordinate annual reporting events including Clean Harbors annual Sustainability Report, EcoVadis, CDP, MSCI, and other questionnaires and industry surveys as well as engaging with key investor rating and rankings organizations
- Collaborate with Corporate Communications and Marketing to ensure Clean Harbors is represented in sustainability networks and related industry events
- Secure and leverage senior level commitment and support for integrating sustainability considerations into core processes and decision-making
- Serve as the internal leader and subject matter expert for sustainability, monitoring emerging trends, programs and issues, and communicating and educating others on relevant topics
- Provide guidance on the company responses to questions or statements of position on climate related matters including potential policy positions
- Identify and prioritize areas for institutional sustainability efforts and recommend strategies for proactively addressing relevant environmental, social and governance risks and opportunities in the short, medium and long term
- Collaborate with key internal stakeholders to develop internal and external communication strategies to publicize the company’s sustainability effort and promote broad awareness of initiatives including the annual Sustainability Report
- Ensure appropriate internal controls and measurement systems are in place to support sustainability efforts
- Measure and monitor progress against key strategies, objectives and performance targets
- Participate in an various internal presentations on ESG priorities and initiatives
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university required.
- Experience in developing sustainable programs and initiatives for large corporations.
- Exposure to the retail energy business and to wholesale power generation strongly preferred
- Strong network within sustainability, environmental and other related communities required
- Working knowledge of GRI, CDP, SASB, TCFD
- Excellent communication skills, including written, verbal and presentation skills, with a demonstrated ability to work closely with internal business units
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with a wide variety of internal and external stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks and assess priorities effectively
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to lead a team and manage others
- Consistent demonstration of sound judgment and professionalism.
Wondering what to expect in starting your career with Clean Harbors? Click Here to view a Day in the Life Video!
40-years of sustainability in action. At Clean Harbors, our mission is to create a safer, cleaner environment through the treatment, recycling, and disposal of hazardous materials. Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is on-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
Join our safety focused team today! To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at https://careers.cleanharbors.com/.
For additional information about driver career opportunities, please call us at 1-833-32-DRIVE (1-833-32-37483).
Clean Harbors is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ancestry, color, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or on the basis of any other federal, state/provincial or local protected class.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.