Our Clean Harbors Edmonton, AB location is now hiring for a variety of Kitchen Positions to join our safety conscious Remote Camp team. If you are a 1st Cook, 2nd Cook, Breakfast Cook, Chef, Baker or Kitchen Helper apply today for an opportunity to speak with our team and learn more about the roles!
Please note that we provide transportation to and from our remote camps.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive wages, based on skills and experience, for this seasonal full-time position;
- Opportunity to work at some of the best rated camps in Northern Alberta;
- 21 days on / 7 days off rotation;
- Potential to earn up to 28 hours of overtime a week!
- Full Uniform (with Footwear) provided;
- Positive and safe work environments;
- Accommodations and food provided;
- Opportunity to train under red seal Chefs;
- Possibility of joining our team on a permanent basis after the season is complete!
- Ensures that Health and Safety is the number one priority by complying with all safe work practices, policies, and processes and acting in a safe manner at all times;
- Prepares sandwiches, salads and performs any other activities as assigned by the Chef;
- Assists with baking or breakfast preparation when required;
- Ensures condiment jars on tables are clean and sugar, syrup, napkins and salt and pepper containers are full at all times;
- Assists the 1st Cook/Baker in all general kitchen duties, i.e. preparation of meals/food, taking stock, general cleaning and unloading and putting away supplies.
- Compile a weekly menu in advance (10 days would be preferable);
- Order, maintain and organize grocery stock, managing food costs efficiently;
- Assist in unloading trucks and stocking groceries in the camp as well as assisting in preparing and loading for rig moves and shutdowns;
- Oversees the daily preparation, production and serving of all breakfast and baked items;
- Prepares from scratch a wide variety of baked goods such as: cookies, muffins, squares, cakes, pies, breads, buns and pastries;
- Ensures the proper storage, handling and rotation of all stock involved in the production of baked goods as per HACCP approved methods;
- Maintains the cleanliness and sanitation of personal work area, entire kitchen, serving line, dining room, lunch room and dish pit area; as well as equipment areas including store room, loading dock, cold storage, etc.;
- Completes the washing of all dishes, pots, pans, cutlery, glasses, cups, utensils, trays, equipment, etc.;
- Stocks, and replenishes food service items such as cutlery, dishes, glasses, cups, condiments and ice cream prior to, during and after meal periods;
- Assists in the preparation of food items including peeling vegetables, traying bacon, cracking eggs and dishing up pastries and desserts;
- Sweeps and mops all floors in the kitchen complex with exception of washrooms and other designated common areas.
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- 1-year of previous experience working as a Cook or Kitchen Helper;
- 1-year of previous remote camp or hotel experience;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Food Safe certification is strongly preferred.
40-years of sustainability in action. At Clean Harbors, our mission is to create a safer, cleaner environment through the treatment, recycling, and disposal of hazardous materials. Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is on-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
Join our safety focused team today! To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at https://careers.cleanharbors.com/.
For additional information about driver career opportunities, please call us at 1-833-32-DRIVE (1-833-32-37483).
Clean Harbors is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ancestry, color, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or on the basis of any other federal, state/provincial or local protected class.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.