The Project Manager (Internally known as a Field Service Specialist) is responsible for overall operational excellence and client satisfaction in conjunction with the Account Manager. This individual scopes projects, provides client communication and support, prepares quote proposals/cost estimates using technical expertise, creates health and safety documentation, grows existing business while also looking for new opportunities to expand the Clean Harbors footprint within the market. Environmental Projects include but are not limited to; tank cleaning, remediation, excavation, turnaround and facility closures, demolition, vacuum services, decontamination, marine operations and emergency response. This individual manages multiple projects daily and is a crucial role for the operation and success of the Branch.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5
- Competitive wages
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment
- Group 401K with company matching component
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement
- Positive, safe, compliant, and dynamic work environment
- Opportunities for growth and career development
- Diverse & Inclusive Company that provides 7 Employee Resource Groups
- Military and Veteran Supporters.
- Ensures that Health and Safety is the number one priority by complying with all safe work practices, policies, and processes and acting in a safe manner always
- Ownership of assigned accounts to drive customer relationships and growth
- Conduct site walk-throughs and scopes potential projects for clients to effectively provide cost estimation quotes, technical proposal preparation and client support
- Provide technical support for proposal preparation, project cost estimates and subcontractor selection and procurement
- Set-up projects, coordinate resources and assists Field Service Coordinator with scheduling
- Act as an agent of business and is involved with developing relationships with key customers and understanding customer needs
- Interface with the customer in a professional and effective manner keeping them abreast of all information relative to the project
- Direct personnel in the operational procedures to complete assignments and understands the labor and equipment requirements to complete field service projects and emergency responses
- Understand and work with the Field Service Coordinator in the communication of the labor, equipment and resources required to complete field service and emergency response projects
- Participate in joint sales calls with the Account Manager and Sales Team
- Responsible for each project’s operational excellence, health & safety, change order management, purchase order procurement and customer satisfaction
- Ensure proper communication to the foreman/supervisor to ensure that contractual obligations are met to complete requested services, project progression status and change orders are completed and executed, prior to any additional work being performed. Ensures the customer acknowledges change order(s).
- Review operational procedures to assure correct health & safety action plans and communicate effectively with the health & safety organization regarding on-site specific action.
- Document competitive issues and convey findings to management.
- Trains and mentors Field Service Foreman and assists the Field Service General Manager in the completion of performance reviews for individuals who they have direct or indirect supervision.
- Perform other duties and tasks as assigned from time to time by management as required by the needs of the business.
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- High School diploma or equivalent required (Bachelor’s Degree preferred)
- 5+ years of experience in Environmental Services (i.e. remediation, abatement, emergency spill response, etc.)
- Knowledge of scoping/pricing of Environmental Services work
- Ability to work in a high demand, fast-paced, fluctuating, deadline-oriented environment
- Leadership and supervisory skills
- Knowledge of equipment
- RCRA, OSHA and DOT compliance proficiency preferred
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills
- Proficiency in Windows based applications
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- Requires near visual acuity, speaking and listening.
- Requires sitting, standing, walking, grasping and reaching.
- Requires lifting up to 10lbs, pulling and/or pushing and
Join our team today To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at www.cleanharbors.com/careers
Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is one-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
We thank all those interested in joining the Clean Harbors team; however only those that complete the online application and meet the minimum job qualifications will be considered for this role.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.