Clean Harbors is looking for a Employment & Litigation Attorney to join their safety conscious team! The Employment & Litigation Attorney is responsible for providing legal advice and counsel to human resources, management, and operations personnel on legal disputes and issues related to business activities conducted by the Company.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive wages
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment
- Group 401K with company matching component
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement
- Positive and safe work environments
- Ensures Health and Safety is the number one goal by following policies, processes, and acting in a safe manner at all times;
- Provides advice and counsel to business units on all aspects of the employer/employee relationship including compliance with labor and employment laws and regulations;
- Review investigative reports, both substantiated and unsubstantiated, to ensure that all allegations have been addressed, all necessary witnesses have been interviewed, and that the investigation was thoroughly conducted;
- Manage and assist external counsel in gathering needed information;
- Reviews document requests and audit requests by regulatory authorities or other third parties and compiles responses to the same;
- Manages outside counsel and assists outside counsel in gathering information needed to protect the Company’s interests;
- Conducts legal investigations with respect to pending claims and other matters;
- Conducts research and prepares legal briefs and memoranda on legal issues;
- Anticipates and guards against legal risks involving the Company;
- Performs other duties and tasks as assigned from time to time by management and will be required by the needs of the Clean Harbors business.
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- JD and admitted to a state bar. MA state bar preferred;
- 0-1 year’s experience – in-house or firm litigation experience preferred;
- Must have strong verbal and writing skills - candidates that have law review publications, please attach to resume;
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, writing and communication skills;
- Strong PC skills, knowledge of Word, Excel and Outlook a plus;
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and/or ongoing direction;
- Able to perform multiple tasks, work on short lead times and meet tight deadlines;
- Proficient in Westlaw;
- Able to perform general office skills;
- Always requires speaking and listening, and acuity.
40-years of sustainability in action. At Clean Harbors, our mission is to create a safer, cleaner environment through the treatment, recycling, and disposal of hazardous materials. Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is on-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
Join our safety focused team today! To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at https://careers.cleanharbors.com/.
Clean Harbors is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ancestry, color, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or on the basis of any other federal, state/provincial or local protected class.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.