HydroChemPSC Bensenville, IL is looking for an Emergency Response Field Laborer to join their safety conscious team! Our Emergency Response Field Laborers are responsible for pressure water blasting, emergency response clean-up and handling of hazardous and non-hazardous waste, as well as disposal of materials. This position provides training with the opportunity for growth.
- Home daily, Monday-Friday, 1st shift - average 50-60 hrs. per week
- On-call emergency response assignments
HydroChemPSC, a Clean Harbors company, is the premier industrial cleaning and environmental services company in North America supporting the upstream, downstream, and utility sectors. HydroChemPSC offers an exceptional three-pronged safety system, innovative career development platform, committed customer service, deep industry expertise, and advanced technology and automation. We are committed to safety, people, growth, service, and performance. We provide the safest, most efficient operational experience for our customers and the most comprehensive training and career development for our employees.
- Practices safety procedures in accordance with safety training and guidelines;
- Operates all necessary equipment in service line (Manhole Cleaning, Manhole Pumping, Spill Response, EMS work asbestos and vacuum, etc.) in accordance with operation training, guidelines, and safety procedures;
- Performs maintenance when required;
- May operate box trucks;
- Labels, marks, and manifests shipments in accordance with applicable DOT regulations, company policies, practices, and procedures;
- Interacts with customer regarding job status, client requirements, and assures customer satisfaction;
- Must report on and off times for jobs to client representative and company management;
- Operates vehicle safely at all times;
- Maintains a current driver's license;
- Safely transports non-hazardous waste while operating company vehicles;
- Completes a Pre and Post vehicle inspection report to assure vehicles and equipment are safe to operate before leaving company premises;
- Operates and maintains trucks and equipment per manufactures recommendations;
- Does not modify any vehicle or piece of equipment without written permission from the manufacturer and company management;
- Obeys all traffic laws and regulations when operating and driving company vehicle;
- Trained on the installation, operation, and repairs of mechanical devices such as pumps, valves, PTO's, etc.;
- May troubleshoot equipment and make minor repairs as long as they have the knowledge to complete the task safely;
- Wears personal protective equipment as required by company, DOT, OSHA, and customer regulations;
- Trained on the proper use of all PPE required to do the work safely;
- Immediately reports all accidents, near misses, and injuries involving employee or others while operating company vehicles/equipment to the Safety Manager over the area;
- Recommends changes and improvements to safety and services based on job experience & observations;
- Verifies that the load, tools, equipment, and materials are secured properly before transporting begins;
- Answers calls at night and weekends as necessary;
- Performs other duties when assigned;
- Follows safety guidelines and stewards protocol to employees;
- Ability to do manual labor, shoveling, moving drums, etc.
Skills and Experience:
- Industrial labor experience (heavy lifting, equipment operation, confined space) a strong asset;
- Comprehension of English language required, with ability to complete safety training as well as respond to instructions in emergency situations;
- Valid Driver’s License, with ability to meet requirements of company’s driving policy;
- Safety oriented mindset with the determination to follow all procedures and policies;
- Flexibility and availability for on-call emergency response assignments.
HydroChemPSC and its subsidiaries affords equal opportunity in employment to all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, pregnancy, familial status, disability status, veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected under Federal, State or Local law. HydroChemPSC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.