Clean Harbors Dolton, IL is looking for a Cross Border Class A CDL Driver to join their safety conscious team! This position is responsible for picking up hazardous waste from Clean Harbors customers and transporting it to our facilities in Canada.
Off weekends, paid weekly, overtime after 40 hrs.
Must be willing to obtain a valid passport and Hazmat endorsement upon hire, for travel across the U.S / Canada border.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive wages
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment
- Group 401K with company matching component
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement
- Positive and safe work environments
- Ensuring that Health and Safety is the number one priority by complying with all safe work practices, policies, and processes and acting in a safe manner at all times;
- Loads and/or picks up hazardous and non-hazardous waste from a customer site utilizing roll-off trucks, tankers and/or vacuum trucks;
- Transports the waste to a Clean Harbors facility in a safe and efficient manner;
- Guarantees placarding of vehicle to meet Company and Department of Transportation (DOT) requirements/regulations;
- Performs physical tasks, such as loading 55-gallon drums and lifting/connecting hoses to pump waste;
- Completes and maintains daily logs, time sheets, expense reports, dispatch and trip reports as well as vehicle inspection reports;
- Provides high levels of customer service to our client base.
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- Class A CDL Required;
- Hazmat endorsement an asset, or ability to obtain upon hire;
- Must be willing to obtain a valid Passport for travel across the border;
- Ability to travel 3-4 nights per week;
- Minimum of 1-year Tanker or Roll Off experience preferred;
- Previous experience working with hazardous materials is an asset;
- Comfortable working with handhelds and iPhones.
40-years of sustainability in action. At Clean Harbors, our mission is to create a safer, cleaner environment through the treatment, recycling, and disposal of hazardous materials. Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is on-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
Clean Harbors is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ancestry, color, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or on the basis of any other federal, state/provincial or local protected class.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.