HydroChemPSC is looking for a Vacuum Truck/Heavy Equipment Operator to join their safety conscious team! The Vacuum Truck/Heavy equipment operator is repsonsible for the safe operation of heavy earth moving equipment to gouge out, level, and distribute earth and to push trees and rocks from land preparatory to constructing roads and buildings to remediate soil or other operations in accordance with HPC company policies, practices and procedures.
HydroChemPSC, a Clean Harbors company, is the premier industrial cleaning and environmental services company in North America supporting the upstream, downstream, and utility sectors. HydroChemPSC offers an exceptional three-pronged safety system, innovative career development platform, committed customer service, deep industry expertise, and advanced technology and automation. We are committed to safety, people, growth, service, and performance. We provide the safest, most efficient operational experience for our customers and the most comprehensive training and career development for our employees.
- Readies equipment for use by connecting hydraulic hoses, belts, mechanical linkage, or power takeoff shaft.
- May operate and maintain heavy equipment including backhoe, track hoe and/or bulldozer.
- Moves levers to control tool bars, carriers, and disks.
- Moves levers and depresses pedals to maneuver equipment and raise, lower, and tilt attachment to clear right-of-way.
- Feels lever and listens for stalling action of engine to estimate depth of cut.
- Drives equipment in successive passes over terrain to raise or lower terrain to specified grade following markings on grade stakes or hand signals.
- Greases, oils, and performs minor repairs on equipment.
- May assist in assembling and loading project supplies and equipment.
- Utilizes standard health and safety procedures and techniques in performing duties.
- Becomes familiar with and follows rules established for operating on a hazardous waste site.
- Performs duties according to department's standard operating procedures.
- Complete company paperwork properly and timely (timesheets, daily logs pre-trip and post-trip inspection forms, etc.)
- Must travel extensively (80% or more)
- Required to accept job assignments.
- Will perform extensive manual labor (hand shoveling, carrying equipment, etc.)
- Drives truck and/or equipment to destination.
- Maintains truck log according to state and federal regulations
- Inspects truck and trailer equipment and supplies such as tires lights, brakes, gas, oil and water.
- Secures loaded material for transportation.
- Drives truck to destination and may assist in assembling and loading project supplies, equipment, product, or waste/fill materials.
- Maintains truck log, according to state and federal regulations. Is required to be familiar with shipping papers and be able to determine that they are completed properly.
- Complete company paperwork properly and timely (timesheets, daily logs, pre-trip and post-trip inspection forms etc.)
- Maintains telephone or radio contact with supervisor to receive delivery instructions.
- Loads and unloads truck.
- Performs other duties as required
- Industrial setting, refinery, petrochemical, utilities, pulp and paper mills, etc.
Skills and Experience:
- Less than 5 years experience using equipment
- Experience with Dozer, Backhoe, Trackhoe, Skidsteer, and 6-12yd Dump Truck
- 2 or more years driving experience
- Ability to operator a 4cyd front end loader if asked upon
- May have to provide Federal Transportation Workers Identification Credential (TWIC).
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Class A or B CDL
HydroChemPSC and its subsidiaries affords equal opportunity in employment to all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, pregnancy, familial status, disability status, veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected under Federal, State or Local law. HydroChemPSC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.