Clean Harbors located in Romulus, MI is looking for an Operations Manager to join their safety conscious team! This team member leads and manages a team of employees in supporting the execution of a clients’ environmental management program. The Operations Manager serves as the client’s main contact and primary interface with Clean Harbors daily. They are responsible for, and manage, the client’s hazardous waste program. They will be responsible for organizing operations to maximize profitability and to plan for ongoing operation needs specific to hazardous waste facilities, labor and materials.
**Position based in Romulus, MI but more of a hybrid type position***
25% to 50% Travel
MUST HAVE HAZARDOUS WASTE EXPERIENCE TO BE CONSIDERED FOR POSITION
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5
- Competitive wages
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment
- Group 401K with company matching component
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement
- Positive and safe work environments
- Ensuring that Health and Safety is the number one priority by complying with all safe work practices, policies, and processes and acting in a safe manner at all times;
- Meet with customers as needed to ensure customer satisfaction and to resolve any pending complaints or issues;
- Ensure all legislative requirements are understood and met including health and safety, employment, municipal, provincial and federal regulations regarding the operation of all company equipment for each site;
- Is the customers main contact for waste management/minimization issues;
- Coordinates all activities conducted by all Clean Harbors divisions;
- Establish processes to measure performance of all personnel to continuously improve performance levels:
- Ensures overall compliance and Health and Safety of crews and equipment;
- Ensures that quality service is being provided;
- Assist dispatch with acquisition of equipment and personnel as required for satisfying customer needs and schedules;
- Manage the lease operators, owner operators, sub-contractors, and employees;
- Work with dispatch to ensure equipment and personnel are utilized to maximum potential;
- Provide motivation, coaching, mentoring and discipline, as required, to site employees to ensure expectations are being met.
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- High School diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor’s in chemistry, biology, or environmental science preferred;
- 5+ years of managing hazardous waste programs;
- Experience managing a team at multiple locations;
- Ability to develop and deliver training materials and programs related to environmental health, safety, and hazardous materials management;
- Exceptional communication skills;
- Familiarity with regulatory state requirements of Small and Large Quantity Generators;
- Highly proficient with computer software/programs;
- Ability to travel up to 50% and stay overnight.
40-years of sustainability in action. At Clean Harbors, our mission is to create a safer, cleaner environment through the treatment, recycling, and disposal of hazardous materials. Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is on-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
Clean Harbors is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ancestry, color, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or on the basis of any other federal, state/provincial or local protected class.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.