The Director of Architecture (internally known as Director Strategic Initiatives) oversees eCommerce initiatives within the MIS department that enable the delivery of a high-quality service to end users, and to ensure both Service Support and Delivery processes are in place to meet business needs. This person will lead many MIS projects at any given time and must effectively manage them as priorities shift based on the needs of the business.
Position must sit out of the company headquarters in Norwell, MA.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive wages
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment
- Group 401K with company matching component
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement
- Positive and safe work environments
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
- Ensuring that Health and Safety is the number one priority by complying with all safe work practices, policies, and processes and acting in a safe manner at all times;
- Well-versed with technology and have a fair understanding of business needs, as a director of architects should be able to apply their knowledge to help meet Business Goals;
- Architect should evaluate the needs of a project, analyze design specifications, make recommendations, and collaborate closely with development personnel and with external teams;
- Develop innovative digital strategy and execution plan, lead the risk assessment of initiative and recommend appropriate risk mitigation strategies;
- Responsible for improving user experience and for ensuring that the digital framework of the company runs smoothly;
- In depth analyzing skills of current project issues, recommending solutions, developing best practices and determining if the IT architecture aligns with Business Goals;
- In addition, Dir. Arch should assist management in strategic planning, oversee technical forecasts, conduct research to determine positive and negative trends and review the effectiveness of installed applications;
- Manage the technical, business and partners throughout the delivery life cycle;
- Well-verse in multiple new technologies being deployed simultaneously and managing multiple projects that have been outsourced to external teams, and provide contact feedback to mgmt;
- Right from requirements capture to concept design, implementation, and maintenance or transfer to IT operations—Dir of architects play a key role in ensuring product consistency, quality and strategically driving org to business goals;
- Candidate must understand certain fundamental concepts of data management like MDM, Data Security, Data integrity etc;
- As enterprise architects to collaborate with management to define business goals and ensure that the enterprise infrastructure supports these larger initiative and challenges;
- Actively involve with policymaking and business strategy with leadership team;
- Team management, delegate technical decisions to specialists, oversee Day-to-day technical and solution Arch responsibilities include analyzing trends in related fields and provide recommendations.
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- More than 20 years of overall experience, with at least 10 years leading digital business transformation and product development;
- Proven track record leading and deliver platform as a service;
- Experience leading and delivering complex enterprise solutions and teams;
- Comprehensive understanding of digital technologies;
- Proven track record working with and selling to the stakeholders, executives, and decision makers of Fortune 1000 companies;
- Proven domain expertise with experience building business cases and communicating value proposition and establishing yourself as a trusted advisor;
- Leading discussions with business and technical decision makers;
- Leading change management and champion of continuous improvement.
Wondering what to expect in starting your career with Clean Harbors? Click Here to view a Day in the Life Video!
40-years of sustainability in action. At Clean Harbors, our mission is to create a safer, cleaner environment through the treatment, recycling, and disposal of hazardous materials. Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is on-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
Join our safety focused team today! To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at https://careers.cleanharbors.com/.
For additional information about driver career opportunities, please call us at 1-833-32-DRIVE (1-833-32-37483).
Clean Harbors is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ancestry, color, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or on the basis of any other federal, state/provincial or local protected class.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.