Internship - Summer 2022 - San Diego, CA
This job posting is no longer active.
Location: San Diego, CA, United States
Date Posted: Mar 25, 2022
Job ID: 79383
Summer 2022 Internship – CleanPack Chemist
The internship will be responsible for Lab Pack Processing and Drum Receiving/Coding. We are searching for a reliable and team-oriented individual with an excellent commitment to safety to join our growing team!
Why work for Clean Harbors:
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5
- Positive and safe work environments
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
Ensuring that Health and Safety is the number one priority by complying with all safe work practices, policies, and processes and acting in a safe manner at all times
- Offloads containers from Van trailers upon arrival at the facility
- Receives all incoming containers and properly codes all waste for disposal processing
- Completes all paperwork associated with consolidation process and performs waste tracking operations through Clean Harbors proprietary software, WIN
- Samples all incoming drums and performs basic chemical analysis of samples following prescribed procedures
- Calibrates and utilizes lab instrumentation required to run basic analysis, completes all paperwork associated with analysis and drum sampling, ensures that all work meets applicable QA/QC guidelines
- Assures all drums are assigned proper disposal process code and/or outbound profile, responsible for knowledge of Clean Harbors proprietary WIN system applicable to receiving, routing and billing of drums
- Conveys critical verbal and written information to internal and external stakeholders
- Ensures real time tracking of all containers via Clean Harbors WIN system in conjunction with handheld scanners
- Supply management in their area of responsibility, and best management practices including proper housekeeping
- May 2022 to September 2022
- Monday – Friday 7:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors:
- Requires a High School Diploma or equivalent
- Prefer an individual pursuing a bachelor’s or advanced degree in an applicable discipline (Chemistry, Biology, Environmental Sciences, etc.) and be in their Junior or Senior year.
- Must have a valid Driver’s License