Safety-Kleen is looking for an Area Sales Director (Ontario) – Safety-Kleen Environmental to join their safety conscious team. The Area Sales Director will provide strategic market development for new products and services, create new markets for Safety-Kleen products, manage sales team performance to objectives within the Ontario market and leverage multiple LOB penetration within targeted channels in order to achieve Safety-Kleen Canada EBITDA goals.
This role will manage a sales team for the Safety-Kleen Bulk Products and Services Canada group. This role handles both managing people and developing products and services as per market requirements. Position may require travel away from home up to 40%.
Why work for Safety-Kleen?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive wages
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment
- Group RRSP with company matching component
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement
- Positive and safe work environments
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
- Ensures Health and Safety is the number one goal by following policies, processes, and acting in a safe manner at all times;
- Identify strategic business opportunities and segments to increase revenue, multiple LOB penetration and profit.
- Develop and lead strategic sales plans and structures to grow business into identified priority channels;
- Maintain open lines of communication with all employees regarding strategies, performance expectations, regional and company overall performance;
- Develop and maintain succession plans for key management positions through coaching and mentorship;
- Monitor and analyze performance data in order to continually improve team performance to assigned objectives. Utilize Employee development plans and corrective action where necessary to continually develop/improve team performance;
- Hold personnel accountable to performance standards, policies and administrative procedures;
- Identify, develop new market and sales channels for services and products;
- Develops and manages efforts of business development from conceptual stage through launch to integration;
- Solicit, identify and originate new business develop opportunities and identify and leverage relationships with alliance partners in support of business strategies;
- Direct development and execution of measurable, segment and channel marketing plans leading directly to sales;
- Secure relationships with strategic high value targets and sales groups to identify customers and how our products, services and solutions meet their complex needs.
What does it take to work for Safety-Kleen?
- Bachelor’s degree in business management or environmental and lubricants experience preferred. Extensive comparable work experience may be accepted in lieu of college degree;
- 5+ years experience leading a sales team;
- 5+ years’ of strategic market development for products and services;
- Experience in multiple key industries including automotive, commercial, retail, manufacturing, fabrication, distribution;
- Proven track record of developing and driving effective marketing and trade programs and teams;
- Talent to marshal multiple groups and functions, both internal and external, to achieve results.
Wondering what to expect in starting your career with Safety-Kleen? Click Here to view a Day in the Life Video!
Safety-Kleen Systems, a Clean Harbors company, has a commitment to excellence deeply rooted in a strong sense of tradition. Our entire business model revolves around keeping North American businesses green. We generate more than $1.2 billion in annual revenue as a world-class environmental service organization and market leader in industrial hazardous waste management, parts-cleaning technology, and oil re-refining. We collect over 200 million gallons of used motor oil each year and we have the largest re-refinery capacity in North America allowing us to re-refine more than 150 million gallons each year. Every day, we help our customers resolve their waste management needs and reduce their carbon footprint. PROTECTION. CHOICES. PEOPLE. MAKE GREEN WORK.™
Join our safety focused team today! To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at www.safety-kleen.com/careers.
Clean Harbors is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ancestry, color, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or on the basis of any other federal, state/provincial or local protected class.
Safety-Kleen Systems, a Clean Harbors company, is a Military & Veteran friendly company.