Clean Harbors is looking for a Strategic Project Manager to plan, coordinate, and report the status of projects from initiation to implementation, including managing project costs, resources, change requests, risks, scope, and issues to ensure that maximum business benefits are achieved.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Leading Environment Sustainability and Circular Economy Efforts
- Spirited and passionate team who display core values of safety, teamwork, integrity, customer service and stakeholder value
- Competitive wages
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment
- Group 401K with company matching component
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement
- Positive and safe work environments
- Ensures Health and Safety is the number one goal by following policies, processes, and acting in a safe manner at all times.
- Work with the company's senior management and executive leadership to define, launch, and drive strategic and operational projects related to cost improvement, revenue enhancement, or process improvement.
- Structure and execute operational and strategic projects by developing work plans, gathering relevant data, leading analytical efforts, and developing final recommendations.
- Work with functional team leaders on the subsequent development and roll-out of action plans.
- Develop project plans and ensure that the scope and approach are fully understood by all stakeholders.
- Lead cross-functional teams.
- Monitor and communicate progress of project delivery in terms of cost, forecast, schedule, scope, and assessment of risks and issues to senior management and to the broader organization.
- Identify and track key project milestones, and elevate issues or obstacles to ensure the timely resolution of barriers.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the industry and organizational environment and its impact on objectives.
- Establish and maintain strong working relationships, and identify and share best practices in analyses and methodologies with peers and project team members.
- Facilitate post implementation reviews and ensure "lessons learned" are acted upon and implemented.
- Travel as required (approximately 25% of the time domestically and internationally)
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 1+ year’s general business experience.
- Demonstrated strong performance in prior roles, with increasing levels of responsibility and independence.
- Demonstrated ability to lead complex operational and strategic projects.
- Distinctive problem solving and analysis skills
- Ability to take strategic direction from executive management
- Ability to see tasks through to completion without significant guidance
- Impeccable business judgment and ability to communicate with highly technical management team
- Excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills
Wondering what to expect in starting your career with Clean Harbors? Click Here to view a Day in the Life Video!
40-years of sustainability in action. At Clean Harbors, our mission is to create a safer, cleaner environment through the treatment, recycling, and disposal of hazardous materials. Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is on-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
Join our safety focused team today! To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at https://careers.cleanharbors.com/.
For additional information about driver career opportunities, please call us at 1-833-32-DRIVE (1-833-32-37483).
Clean Harbors is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ancestry, color, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or on the basis of any other federal, state/provincial or local protected class.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.