Clean Harbors is looking for a Collections Specialist to join their safety conscious team.The Collections Specialist is responsible for managing an accounts receivable portfolio - effectively collecting payments for open invoices, investigating credit issues, submitting reports for accounting adjustments (application of credits, debits, and offsets), preparing reports as needed for customers and management, maintaining customer files, assisting with the reconciliation of accounts, recommending credit holds, and submitting recommendation of accounts slated for third-party collection efforts (Legal or collection agency).
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5
- Competitive wages
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment
- Group 401K with company matching component
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement
- Positive and safe work environments
- Ensuring that Health and Safety is the number one priority by complying with all safe work practices, policies, and processes and acting in a safe manner at all times;
- Demonstrate excellent customer services skills (both oral and written);
- Effectively manage an accounts receivable portfolio, as instructed - specifically collecting on past due invoices (via telephone, email, customer payment portal, etc), promptly addressing short-paid invoices, escalating customer disputes, and facilitating resolution on previously unresolved matters
- Manage portfolio with particular attention to customer, industry, service line or economic trending;
- Maintain customer files, including updated collection notes;
- Prepare reports as needed by customers and management;
- Submit reports for accounting adjustments (application of credits, debits, and offsets);
- Investigate (or refer for investigation) credit issues;
- Understand contracted terms and conditions, and make necessary referrals/ escalations regarding receivables issues related to contracted terms and conditions as needed;
- The ability to resolve disputes by partnering with Sales, Operations, and other Clean Harbors teams;
- Review and reconcile customer accounts as needed;
- Critically review customer credit worthiness and recommend credit holds (recommendations must meet standards for management review);
- Critically review and make recommendations to manager of accounts to be submitted to the legal department (recommendations must meet standards for management review);
- Satisfy daily PeopleSoft work list requirements and call targets established.
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- High School diploma or equivalent required. Associates Degree preferred;
- 1-3 years commercial collections experience required;
- Basic knowledge of procurement and electronic invoiving systems utilized by National Accounts preferred;
- Proficiency with PeopleSoft preferred
- Understanding of basic accounting principles;
- Understanding of basic customer procurement principles;
- Basic understandign of complex billing requirements;
- Ability to utilize current internet technology as a research tool;
- Ability to professionally address and resolve difficult customer interactions, as well as the ability to develop, foster and maintain customer relationships during the collection process;
- Full understanding of team concept.
Wondering what to expect in starting your career with Clean Harbors? Click Here to view a Day in the Life Video.
40-years of sustainability in action. At Clean Harbors, our mission is to create a safer, cleaner environment through the treatment, recycling, and disposal of hazardous materials. Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is on-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
Join our safety focused team today To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at https://careers.cleanharbors.com/.
Clean Harbors is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ancestry, color, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or on the basis of any other federal, state/provincial or local protected class.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.