HydroChemPSC is looking for a Heavy Equipment Operator to join their safety conscious team in San Ardo, CA! The heavy equipment operator is responsible for the safe operation of heavy earth moving equipment to excavate, trench, level, slope, distribute earth and backfill excavations, load concrete, piping, or any debris left onsite.
HydroChemPSC, a Clean Harbors company, is the premier industrial cleaning and environmental services company in North America supporting the upstream, downstream, and utility sectors. HydroChemPSC offers an exceptional three-pronged safety system, innovative career development platform, committed customer service, deep industry expertise, and advanced technology and automation. We are committed to safety, people, growth, service, and performance. We provide the safest, most efficient operational experience for our customers and the most comprehensive training and career development for our employees.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive wages - based on experience;
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment;
- Group 401K with company matching component;
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career;
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement;
- Positive and safe work environments!
- Ensuring that Health and Safety is the number one priority by complying with all safe work practices, policies, and processes and acting in a safe manner at all times;
- Operating equipment such as backhoe, front end loader, excavator, forklift, etc;
- Operates backhoe to excavate, trench, slope earth and backfills once work is complete;
- Project work may require out of town travel;
- Maintain daily logs, timesheets, dispatch and trip reports as well as vehicle inspection reports;
- Assures unit is never operated in an unsafe manner or in a manner which is inconsistent with Standard Operating Procedures;
- Complete and submit all associated paperwork as required;
- Perform occasional labor work;
- Readies equipment for use by connecting hydraulic hoses for concrete breaking attachments;
- Greases, oils, and performs minor repairs on equipment;
- Performs duties according to the department's standard operating procedures;
- Complete company paperwork properly and timely (timesheets, daily logs pre-trip and post-trip inspection forms, etc.);
- Loads and unloads truck;
- Interacts with customer regarding job status, client requirements, and assures customer satisfaction;
- Wears personal protective equipment as required by HPC, DOT, OSHA, and customer regulations;
- Performs other duties when assigned.
Skills and experience:
- Class C driver license required;
- Previous experience in operating heavy equipment required;
- Must be able to travel 10% of the time;
- High school diploma or equivalent;
- Previous construction experience;
- Previous experience in well abandonment;
HydroChemPSC and its subsidiaries affords equal opportunity in employment to all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, pregnancy, familial status, disability status, veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected under Federal, State or Local law. HydroChemPSC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.