The Senior Tax Accountant is an integral part of the tax department that is responsible for the preparation of all US Income Tax Returns including estimates and extensions.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive wages
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment
- Group 401K with company matching component
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement
- Positive and safe work environments
- Ensuring that Health and Safety is the number one priority by complying with all safe work practices, policies, and processes and acting in a safe manner at all times;
- Prepare US Federal income tax returns (primarily 1120's)
- Ensure the timely and accurate filing of all state income tax returns including estimated tax payments and extension payments.
- Manage outside consultants to ensure accurate and timely compliance for some foreign jurisdictions (Puerto Rico, Mexico, etc.)
- Assist with income tax audits in order to minimize potential additional tax expense.
- Keep the Vice President of Tax informed of key issues and legislation changes; Keep current on general tax knowledge.
- Assist with quarterly tax provision where necessary; keep current on tax reporting requirements of ASC 740 Accounting for income taxes and SOX.
- Lead efforts to obtain tax refunds where appropriate.
- Recommend ways to minimize corporate taxes through the use of tax laws and regulations and minimize tax exposure through sound and informed application of tax laws and regulations, permitting alternative treatment of taxable items.
- Support Vice-President of Tax with acquisitions and other corporate reorganizations
- Mentor junior tax staff and interns
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- BS/BA in Accounting or related field required.
- MS/MA preferred
- 3+ years of experience working with Corporate Tax
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to multi-task and remain organized
- Must possess strong analytical skill and aptitude
- Accounting for Income Tax knowledge
- Ability to work overtime hours
- Foreign Income Tax knowledge is a plus but not necessary.
- Experience with Corptax Software a plus.
Join our team today! To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at www.cleanharbors.com/careers
Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is one-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
We thank all those interested in joining the Clean Harbors team; however only those that complete the online application and meet the minimum job qualifications will be considered for this role.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.