Summer 2022 Internship – CleanPack Chemist (Field Chemist) - Clackamas,OR
This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Clackamas, OR, United States
Date Posted: Jun 10, 2022
Category: Chemical Tech & Management
Job ID: 78942
Summer 2022 Internship – CleanPack Chemist
The internship will be responsible for Lab Pack Processing and Drum Receiving/Coding. We are searching for a reliable and team-oriented individual with an excellent commitment to safety to join our growing team!
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Positive and safe work environments
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
- Ensuring that Health and Safety is the number one priority by complying with all safe work practices, policies, and processes and acting in a safe manner at all times
- Offloads containers from Van trailers upon arrival at the facility
- Receives all incoming containers and properly codes all waste for disposal processing
- Completes all paperwork associated with consolidation process and performs waste tracking operations through Clean Harbors proprietary software, WIN
- Samples all incoming drums and performs basic chemical analysis of samples following prescribed procedures
- Calibrates and utilizes lab instrumentation required to run basic analysis, completes all paperwork associated with analysis and drum sampling, ensures that all work meets applicable QA/QC guidelines
- Assures all drums are assigned proper disposal process code and/or outbound profile, responsible for knowledge of Clean Harbors proprietary WIN system applicable to receiving, routing and billing of drums
- Conveys critical verbal and written information to internal and external stakeholders
- Ensures real time tracking of all containers via Clean Harbors WIN system in conjunction with handheld scanners
- Supply management in their area of responsibility, and best management practices including proper housekeeping.
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- Requires a High School Diploma or equivalent
- Preferably be pursuing a bachelor’s or advanced degree in an applicable discipline (Chemistry, Biology, Environmental Sciences, etc) and be in their Junior or Senior year.
- Must have a valid Driver’s License.