Clean Harbors Central Compliance is looking for a Sr. Environmental Compliance Manager. the Central Compliance Sr. Environmental Compliance Manager position manages a plethora of reporting and permitting assignments for varying facility locations, as well as provide environmental regulatory support to field operations as needed.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive wages
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment
- Group 401K with company matching component
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement
- Positive and safe work environments
- Ensures Health and Safety is the number one goal by following policies, processes, and acting in a safe manner at all times.
- Conducts environmental and other regulatory reporting as assigned for specific types of reports and certain facility locations.
- Reviews of facility environmental reporting to ensure compliance with federal and state regulations for environmental affairs, and if applicable health and safety.
- Identifies problems and recommends corrections; priorities and conducts follow-ups on corrections regarding areas of environmental reporting non-compliance or potential non-compliance.
- Advises or assists corporate and facility management regarding procedural and operational measures to be taken to correct or minimize non-compliant activities with regard to environmental reporting.
- Applies for assigned original environmental and other permits, and permit modifications as well as permit renewals.
- Serves as liaison between facilities and outside contractors, and regulatory personnel on assigned environmentally related activities such as reporting and permitting.
- Attend routine/required health and safety as well as environmental training courses.
- As needed, attends workshops, seminars, training courses and professional development programs for the purpose of insuring compliance with upcoming changes in federal, state and local rules and regulations, reporting and permitting.
- Potentially serve as a State Lead that monitors and communicates environmental regulatory changes in assigned state to senior management and field Environmental Compliance Managers. As an assigned State Lead, provides responses to compliance, sales, field personnel and customers concerning federal, state and local environmental regulations.
- Performs assigned audits of internal and external facilities to ensure effectiveness of environmental regulatory compliance programs, and provide information relative to possible risk assessments for external disposal vendors.
- Performs other assignments as assigned by management
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- BS/BA required
- BS/BA in Environmental Science or Engineering preferred
- 4+ Years of environmental compliance experience to include regulatory reporting (e.g., monthly, quarterly, annual, biennial, etc.) and permitting work with multiple medias (e.g., land, waste, water, wastewater, air, etc.)
- Knowledge of Department of Transportation (DOT - preferred) and Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) laws/regulations (required)
- Excellent communication, writing and presentation skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Minimal to no travel required for this Central Compliance position
- Commensurate with prior experience and assignments as well as current domicile, office location may be flexible however preference is to be located at a company or facility office.
Wondering what to expect in starting your career with Clean Harbors? Click Here to view a Day in the Life Video!
40-years of sustainability in action. At Clean Harbors, our mission is to create a safer, cleaner environment through the treatment, recycling, and disposal of hazardous materials. Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is on-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
Join our safety focused team today! To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at https://careers.cleanharbors.com/.
For additional information about driver career opportunities, please call us at 1-833-32-DRIVE (1-833-32-37483).
Clean Harbors is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ancestry, color, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or on the basis of any other federal, state/provincial or local protected class.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.