Safety-Kleen located in East Chicago, IN is seeking a Maintenance Planner to join the team. As a Maintenance Planner you will be a key member of the site’s maintenance and reliability team. With a focus on maintenance planning, engineering support and inventory management you will be able to make an impact with this opportunity.
Why work for Safety-Kleen?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5;
- Competitive wages;
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment;
- Group 401K with company matching component;
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement;
- Positive and safe work environments;
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career.
- Responsible for coordinating and scheduling daily job plans, which include manpower estimates by craft, field walk down and reference drawings;
- Analyze maintenance repair specifications to determine tools, parts and human resource requirements;
- Facilitate communication between maintenance and other onsite departments in the refinery;
- Assist with bi-annual turnaround planning;
- Work with Maintenance Manager to ensure KPI’s tracked by CMMS are met.
- Perform equipment reliability analysis and recommend improvements based on Root Cause Failure Analysis (RCFA) findings;
- Recommend equipment reliability improvements through analysis of equipment trends, historical and field data to identify performance drivers;
- Assist with site engineering support for turnarounds.
Equipment and Parts Inventory Management
- Responsible for ordering parts according to lead times;
- Monitor critical parts inventory levels to achieve necessary levels;
- Update proprietary CMMS with data regarding labor hours, parts usage and contractor repair costs;
- Responsible for organizing the maintenance warehouse and receiving area.
Financial Administrative Duties
- Create purchase orders for approval by management, based on quotes received from vendors;
- Receive and match invoices, documenting any discrepancies.
What does it take to work for Safety-Kleen?
- Bachelor’s degree in technical or engineering field required and/or High School Diploma with 6+ years of work experience in industrial or manufacturing setting in lieu of engineering degree;
- 3+ years of experience in a Maintenance Planning or Reliability Engineering role is preferred;
- 3+ years of experience with a CMMS (Computerized Maintenance Management Software) program, including software such as SAP, Maximo, GE Proficy, etc. preferred;
- Project Management experience is preferred;
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to professionally communicate verbally all levels and functions of the organization individually and as a team;
- The ability to read, understand and apply technical information from manuals, books, drawings and diagrams is required;
- Proficiency in computer usage is required, including the ability to use the Microsoft Suite to create tables, track data, use Gantt charts, utilize Microsoft Excel and Project;
- Ability to stand, walk, use hands to handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; must be able to lift 50 pounds and greater than 50 pounds with assistance and must be able to climb ladders to heights above 100 ft.;
- Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization which does not require sponsorship by the employer for a visa.
Join our team today! To learn more about our company and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at www.safety-kleen.com/careers
Safety-Kleen Systems, a Clean Harbors company, has a commitment to excellence deeply rooted in a strong sense of tradition. Our entire business model revolves around keeping North American businesses green. We generate more than $1.2 billion in annual revenue as a world-class environmental service organization and market leader in industrial hazardous waste management, parts-cleaning technology, and oil re-refining. We collect over 200 million gallons of used motor oil each year and we have the largest re-refinery capacity in North America allowing us to re-refine more than 150 million gallons each year.
Every day, we help our customers resolve their waste management needs and reduce their carbon footprint. PROTECTION. CHOICES. PEOPLE. MAKE GREEN WORK ™
We thank all those interested in joining the Safety-Kleen team; however only those that complete the online application and meet the minimum job qualifications will be considered for this role.
Safety-Kleen Systems, a Clean Harbors company is a Military & Veteran friendly company.