Clean Harbors located in Sulphur, LA is looking for an Environmental Program Manager to join their safety conscious team internally known as InSite Program Manager! They will be supporting the execution of a clients’ environmental management program. The Hazardous Waste Project Manager serves as the client’s main contact and primary interface with Clean Harbors daily. They are responsible for and manage the client’s hazardous waste program.
**Position requires current TWIC**
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5;
- Competitive wages;
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment;
- Group 401K with company matching component;
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career;
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement;
- Positive and safe work environments.
- Ensuring that Health and Safety is the number one priority by complying with all safe work practices, policies, and processes and acting in a safe manner at all times;
- Establish baseline audit protocol for all new waste programs; Communicate and document scope of compliance parameters for each Project location;
- Oversees waste activities at a group of generating locations;
- Is the main contact for waste management/minimization issues;
- Generates waste labels and assures containers are properly marked and labeled;
- Manages all aspects of shipments of waste off of respective sites;
- Conduct facility wide compliance audits to include inspections of staging, accumulating and storage areas to ensure proper housekeeping procedures and compliance;
- Provide waste tracking reports weekly to customer;
- Ensures overall compliance and Health and Safety;
- Ensures that quality service is being provided;
- Ensures all waste collected is stored and disposed of in compliance with laws and regulations;
- Ensures no waste is stored beyond 90 days;
- Performs daily inspections of 90-day storage areas and 90-day pads when visiting the site;
- Creates profiles for new wastes;
- Creates associated manifests and LDRs for waste shipments;
- Reviews facility waste receiving reports to identify potential issues;
- Support the response to environmental compliance issues, including accident/ incident investigation, agency requests and unscheduled incidents;
- Provide written documentation of audit results and corrective action plans;
- Waste Minimization planning.
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- High School diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor’s in chemistry, biology, or environmental science preferred;
- 3+ years of hazardous waste experience;
- 2+ years of experience running a hazardous waste program
- 2+ years of managing a staff preferred
- Management experience in areas of budgets, record keeping, supervision, planning and liability
- Ability to develop and deliver training materials and programs related to environmental health, safety, and hazardous materials management
- Familiarity with regulatory status requirements of Small and Large Quantity Generators, such as RCRA, DOT etc.
- Must be on-call for after hour work on a rotating basis
- 40-hour OSHA training
- CHMM certification preferred. Must be able to pass hazardous waste competency exam
40-years of sustainability in action. At Clean Harbors, our mission is to create a safer, cleaner environment through the treatment, recycling, and disposal of hazardous materials. Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is on-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
Clean Harbors is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ancestry, color, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or on the basis of any other federal, state/provincial or local protected class.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.