HydroChemPSC is looking for a Vacuum Truck Driver CDL A or B to join their safety conscious team! The position is responsible for the safe and proper execution of HydroChemPSC jobs across all service lines. This includes responsibility over proper operation of equipment, driving operational efficiencies at the work site and ensuring accurate documentation related to the job is completed in a timely fashion. description.
THIS OPENING INCLUDES A $3,000 SIGN ON BONUS
HydroChemPSC, a Clean Harbors company, is the premier industrial cleaning and environmental services company in North America supporting the upstream, downstream, and utility sectors. HydroChemPSC offers an exceptional three-pronged safety system, innovative career development platform, committed customer service, deep industry expertise, and advanced technology and automation. We are committed to safety, people, growth, service, and performance. We provide the safest, most efficient operational experience for our customers and the most comprehensive training and career development for our employees.
- Inspect loads to ensure that cargo is secure.
- Maintain logs of working hours or of vehicle service or repair status, following applicable state and federal regulations.
- Secure cargo for transport, using ropes, blocks, chain, binders, or covers.
- Maneuver trucks into loading or unloading positions, following signals from loading crew and checking that vehicle and loading equipment are properly positioned.
- Report vehicle defects, accidents, traffic violations, or damage to the vehicles immediately.
- Obtain receipts or signatures for delivered goods and services when required.
- Drive trucks with capacities greater than 3 tons, including tractor-trailer combinations, to transport and deliver products and other materials.
- Check all load-related documentation for completeness and accuracy.
- Read bills of lading to determine assignment details.
- Collect delivery instructions from appropriate sources, verifying instructions and routes.
- Drive trucks to weigh stations before and after loading and along routes in compliance with state regulations.
- Couple or uncouple trailers by changing trailer jack positions, connecting or disconnecting air or electrical lines, or manipulating fifth-wheel locks.
- Check conditions of trailers after contents have been unloaded to ensure that there has been no damage.
- Perform basic vehicle maintenance tasks, such as adding oil, fuel, or radiator fluid or performing minor repairs.
- Read and interpret maps to determine vehicle routes.
- Operate equipment, such as truck cab computers, phones, or global positioning systems (GPS) equipment to exchange necessary information with bases, supervisors, or other drivers.
- Load or unload hazardous and non-hazardous waste materials from trucks or help others with loading or unloading, using special loading-related equipment or other equipment as necessary.
- Labels, marks and manifests shipments in accordance with applicable regulations and company policies, practices and procedures.
- Remove debris from loaded trailers.
- Follow special cargo-related procedures, such as checking straps and come-a-longs
- Inventory and inspect goods to be moved to determine quantities and conditions.
- Install or remove special equipment, such as tire chains.
- Operate idle reduction systems or auxiliary power systems to generate power from alternative sources, such as fuel cells, to reduce idling time, to heat or cool truck cabins, or to provide power for other equipment.
- Drive electric or hybrid-electric powered trucks or alternative fuel-powered trucks to transport and deliver products or other materials.
- Industrial setting - Refinery, Petro-Chemical, Utilities, Pulp and Paper Mills, etc.
Skills and Experience:
- Minimum of two years, verifiable service within the commercial trucking industry.
- Knowledge of principles and methods for moving people or goods by air, rail, sea, or road, including the relative costs and benefits.
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
- Strong knowledge in the operation of equipment used in commercial transportation.
- CDL Class A or B with X endorsement and an acceptable driving record.
- Smartphone required for Electronic Logging Device.
- Complete understanding of DOT’s safety program & standards.
- Possess excellent communications and human relations skills
- Mechanical aptitude and experience troubleshooting transportation equipment is preferred
- High school diploma/GED or equivalent experience.
HydroChemPSC and its subsidiaries affords equal opportunity in employment to all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, pregnancy, familial status, disability status, veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected under Federal, State or Local law. HydroChemPSC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.