The Senior Accountant is responsible to review, reconcile, and maintain a variety of accounting records, financial data and other information. Tasks include assisting with financial closings, preparing a variety of reports and recording of assets and liabilities, balancing books periodically and preparing profit and loss, income, and balance sheet statements. The Senior accountant is also responsible for the more complex accounts and tasks which involve experience, judgment and independent decision making. This person will also play a crucial financial role for the new incinerator being built in Kimball, Nebraska.
*Position can sit in Norwell, MA or Kimball, NE.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive wages
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment
- Group 401K with company matching component
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement
- Positive and safe work environments
- Ensuring that Health and Safety is the number one priority by complying with all safe work practices, policies, and processes and acting in a safe manner at all times.
- providing support, financial oversight and reporting.
- Weekly meetings with engineers to understand the status of the build.
- Track PO’s on a weekly basis and provide reporting.
- Work with 3rd party vendor to provide financial support with documentation to the state of Nebraska and our internal Legal dept.
- Update expense/capital tracker to ensure spending is in line with budget.
- Manage invoice processing for new incinerator.
- Prepare reconciliations of specialized balance sheet accounts including inventory and accrued expenses. Reconcile sub-systems to general ledger.
- Assist in monthly financial close by reviewing all P&L’s running and drill downs, as well as running balance sheets and queries.
- Support the field regarding prepaids, accruals, revenue, expenses, etc., and other journal entries or monthly questions that arise.
- Responsible for reporting to supervisor potential control deficiencies noted, procedural changes that have occurred or may occur which may require update to SOX documentation, and for suggesting improvements to the financial control environment.
- Balance all spending accounts, reconciling financials and correcting journal entries, as necessary.
- Prepare and post monthly journal entries.
- Prepare reports to help management understand how the division is performing.
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- Degree in Business Management or Accounting;
- Proficiency in Windows based applications & Accounting information systems;
- General Accounting knowledge; Project accounting knowledge, a plus
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills a must.
- PA with Public/Private mix, preferred
- Oracle or PeopleSoft experience preferred.
- Good accounting knowledge with ability to apply that knowledge to unusual and complex circumstances
- Proficiency in Windows based applications
- Able to prioritize between multiple tasks
- Able to recognize and investigate unusual amounts on financial statements
- Able to maintain confidentiality
- Excellent communications skills
- Analytical and detail oriented
- Ability to manage complex worksheets to support accounting decisions.
- Ability to travel up to 25%
Join our team today! To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at www.cleanharbors.com/careers
Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is one-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
We thank all those interested in joining the Clean Harbors team; however only those that complete the online application and meet the minimum job qualifications will be considered for this role.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.