As a Facility Maintenance Mechanic located at our Tacoma, WA facility, you will be responsible for performing a wide variety of repairs and preventative maintenance on all company units in the Safety-Kleen Blend Plant including pumps, motors, and gearboxes.
Why work for Safety Kleen?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5;
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment;
- Group 401K with company matching component;
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement;
- Positive and safe work environments;
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career.
- Ensuring that Health and Safety is the number one priority by complying with all safe work practices, policies, and processes and acting in a safe manner at all times;
- Pump and fan maintenance including pump teardown and rebuild, pump alignments, pump mechanical seal replacement, motor replacements and routine preventative maintenance;
- Boiler and cooling tower maintenance and water quality testing;
- Compressor preventative maintenance;
- Pipefitting including using threading machine, making accurate measurements, tubing fitting and ensuring the proper materials of construction are used;
- Routine equipment inspections;
- Building/property maintenance;
- Powered-industrial equipment operation including forklifts, gradalls, manlifts, etc.;
- Tank PSV inspections;
- Use of hand and power tools;
- Maintain records of inspections, preventative maintenance and repair orders in the Facility Asset Management software. Perform tasks in a timely manner and inputting parts used in FAM to manage the accuracy of the spare parts inventory;
- Inventory audits and reconciliation;
- Assist operators or vendors as necessary;
- Utilize proper PPE for the assigned task to include, but not limited to; steel toed boots, coveralls, safety glasses, hard hat, gloves, hearing protection, fall protection, rain gear, Tyvek coveralls when necessary;
- Assisting and taking direction from Senior Mechanics is required in this role;
- Any taks assigned at the discretion of Management;
- Mechanics are responsible for the general upkeep of all assets at the facility. Routine and preventative maintenance functions will be assigned by the leadership team or the onsite engineer.
What does it take to work for Safety Kleen?
- High School diploma or equivalent required;
- 5+ years mechanical aptitude preferred but not required;
- Previous experience working in a production/ plant environment would be a plus;
- Mechanical certifications a plus;
- Electrical trouble shooting experience;
- Knowledge of cutting and welding a plus.
Join our team today! To learn more about our company and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at www.safety-kleen.com/careers
Safety-Kleen Systems, a Clean Harbors company, has a commitment to excellence deeply rooted in a strong sense of tradition. Our entire business model revolves around keeping North American businesses green. We generate more than $1.2 billion in annual revenue as a world-class environmental service organization and market leader in industrial hazardous waste management, parts-cleaning technology, and oil re-refining. We collect over 200 million gallons of used motor oil each year and we have the largest re-refinery capacity in North America allowing us to re-refine more than 150 million gallons each year.
Every day, we help our customers resolve their waste management needs and reduce their carbon footprint. PROTECTION. CHOICES. PEOPLE. MAKE GREEN WORK ™
We thank all those interested in joining the Safety-Kleen team; however only those that complete the online application and meet the minimum job qualifications will be considered for this role.
Safety-Kleen Systems, a Clean Harbors company is a Military & Veteran friendly company.