Clean Harbors – Camarillo, CA is looking for a Waste Handler to join our safety conscious team! This position works both indoors and outdoors at the customer site. and are responsible for the performance of tasks associated with handling and loading of hazardous materials on a customer site including household hazardous waste (HHW) collections. This position will work at one location in a hospital/lab facility and is NOT a laboratory-based positions.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive wages; (Hourly Pay; Time & 1/2 after 40hr)
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment
- Group 401K with company matching component
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement
- Positive and safe work environments
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
- Ensure that Health & Safety is the number one priority by complying with all safe work practices policies and processes and acting in a safe manner at all times.
- Collect chemical pickups throughout customer facility as directed.
- Conduct chemical bulking/consolidation as required.
- Proper packaging of waste to maximize efficiency and maintain compliance.
- Attend all compliance and safety update meetings.
- Inspect drums for container integrity and regulatory compliance.
- Operate forklift in a safe manner.
- Safe loading and unloading of waste hauling vehicles.
- Conduct waste stream sampling and profiling as necessary.
- Assist with all Clean Harbors activities on site as needed.
- Perform other duties and tasks as assigned from time to time by management required by the needs of the Clean Harbors business.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- 1+ years of related work experience.
- 40 Hour OSHA, DOT and Forklift Training.
- Attention to detail, able to take and follow direction, and to perform multiple tasks.
- Grade 4 Industrial Wastewater License preferred
- Proficiency in Windows based applications preferred.
- Ability to interface with customers.
- Ability to obtain Class B cdl in the future
Clean Driving record, for the purposes of CHESI employment, includes:
- No DUI/DWI in past 3 years
- No preventable accidents in the past year
- No more than 2 preventable accidents in the last 3 years
- No serious moving violations in past 3 years, i.e., Reckless driving, Driving to endanger, Open alcohol containers, etc.
- No more than 2 moving violations in the past 3 years.
- Requires frequent standing, lifting, pushing, pulling, carrying, reaching, grasping, stooping, crouching, climbing, speaking, listening, sitting, and walking.
- Requires the manual lifting of up to 80 pounds.
Employment is contingent upon a successful background check and drug screen. Some positions also require a pre-hire medical exam. Must meet all work eligibility requirements. Environmentally-responsible business.
Wondering what to expect in starting your career with Clean Harbors?
Click Here to view a Day in the Life Video!
40-years of sustainability in action. Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is on-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
Join our safety focused team today! To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at https://careers.cleanharbors.com/
For additional information about driver career opportunities, please call us at 1-833-32-DRIVE (1-833-323-7483)
Clean Harbors is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ancestry, color, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or on the basis of any other federal, state/provincial or local protected class.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.