The Opportunity: HydroChemPSC is looking for a Vacuum Truck Operator to join their safety conscious team! The Operator will be responsible for the driving and operating of vacuum truck and/or hydro-blast equipment to complete jobs requiring one or more crews and turnarounds with management oversight at client’s site in accordance with client and business requirements as well as company policies, practices and procedures with minimal supervision.
HydroChemPSC, a Clean Harbors company, is the premier industrial cleaning and environmental services company in North America supporting the upstream, downstream, and utility sectors. HydroChemPSC offers an exceptional three-pronged safety system, innovative career development platform, committed customer service, deep industry expertise, and advanced technology and automation. We are committed to safety, people, growth, service, and performance. We provide the safest, most efficient operational experience for our customers and the most comprehensive training and career development for our employees.Essential duties:
- Operates Vacuum truck and/or hydro blast equipment.
- Operates all necessary equipment in service line (hydro-blasting and vacuum) in accordance with operation training and safety procedures.
- Labels, marks, and manifests shipments in accordance with applicable DOT regulations and company policies, practices and procedures.
- Loads shipment onto trucks appropriately.
- Interacts with customer regarding job status, client requirements, and assures customer satisfaction
- Operates vehicle safely at all times.
- Safely transports hazardous & non-hazardous waste while operating company vehicles.
- Performs pre and post trip activities to ensure safe operation of vehicle/equipment
- CDL drivers assure brake adjustment inspections are completed prior to use.
- Maintains a drivers log as required to assure compliance with all regulations..
- Operates and maintains trucks and equipment per manufactures recommendations.
- Does not modify any vehicle or piece of equipment without written permission from the manufacturer and company management.
- Obeys all traffic laws and regulations when operating and driving company vehicle.
- Trained on the installation, operation, and repairs of mechanical devices such as pumps, valves, PTO’s etc.
- May troubleshoot equipment and make minor repairs as long as they have the knowledge to complete the task safely.
- Trained on the proper use of all PPE required to do the work safely.
- Immediately reports all accidents, near misses, and injuries involving employee or others while operating company vehicles/equipment to the Safety Manager over the area.
- Recommends changes and improvements to safety and services based on job experience & observations.
- Verifies that the load, tools, equipment, and materials are secured properly before transporting begins.
- Answers calls at night and weekends as necessary.
- Practices safety procedures in accordance with training and guidelines when working.
- Performs job set up tasks
- Reads work orders and collects all basic equipment to perform all tasks in a specific service line
- Inspects equipment and general work area prior to starting any job. Corrects deficiencies that may cause accidents, injuries, lost productivity or harm to equipment or that are inconsistent with client’s requirements.
- Completes all appropriate paperwork including service receipts, and submits to designated management.
- Will be on call 24/7
- Must be able to report to work within one hour of receiving call to work.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Skills and experience:
- Plant/Industrial environment
- Commercial Driver's License Class A or B
- Tanker and Haz Mat Endorsements preferred
- Eligible to drive under company policy and requirements
- 2+ years related experience
- Possess BASIC Safety Council Reciprocal Card
- High School Diploma or equivalent
HydroChemPSC and its subsidiaries affords equal opportunity in employment to all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, pregnancy, familial status, disability status, veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected under Federal, State or Local law. HydroChemPSC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.