Clean Harbors Benicia CA is looking for an Industrial Class A Driver to join their safety conscious team! This position will be responsible for the performance of tasks associated with hazardous waste clean-up, site-remediation, equipment decontamination and handling of hazardous materials and will operate a variety of vehicles including vacuum trailer, roll-off and hydro-blasting equipment. This position is predominantly in a refinery setting.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5
- Competitive wages with weekly overtime opportunities;
- Group 401k with company matching components
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement
- Positive and safe work environments
- Ensuring that Health and Safety is the number one priority by complying with all safe work practices, polices and practices and acting in a safe manner at all times
- Waste pick up from customer locations utilizing vacuum trucks, guzzlers and tankers
- Driver are responsible for loading and offloading their trucks
- Ability to travel overnight
- Maintain daily logs, time sheets, expense reports, dispatch and trip reports, as well as vehicle inspection reports
- Requires Class A CDL
- Recent graduates with CDL A are strongly encouraged to apply
- Ability to drive manual transmission on a commercial vehicle
- Will work predominantly in a refinery setting
- Hazmat endorsement required
- Tanker endorsement, preferred or ability to secure within 90 days of hire
- TWIC card, preferred or ability to secure within 90 days of hire
- Manual labor required (tank cleaning, processing hazardous waste, loading and unloading truck)
- Monday – Friday, 6:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- On-call component – may work weekends, evenings, holidays with advanced notice
- Paid overtime
- Up to 20% overnight travel as this position covers the West Coast market
- Class A CDL is required
- Previous experience with roll off, hydro blasting, vacuum truck and/or refinery work preferred
- Ability to obtain TWIC Card upon hired
- OSHA certification an asset
- Ability to be on call including on weekends and holidays
Wondering what to expect in starting your career with Clean Harbors? Click Here to view a Day in the Life Video!*CH
40 years of sustainability, Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout United States and Canada, as well as Mexico and Puerto Rico. The Company serves a diverse customer base, including a majority of the Fortune 500 companies, thousands of smaller private entities and numerous federal, state, provincial and local governmental agencies. Through its Safety-Kleen subsidiary, Clean Harbors also is a premier provider of used oil recycling and re-refining, parts washers and environmental services for the small quantity generator market.
We thank all those interested in joining the Clean Harbors team; however only those that complete the online application and meet the minimum job qualifications will be considered for this role.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company