HydroChemPSC is looking for a Class A Utility Driver to join their safety conscious team! The position is responsible for the safe and proper execution of HydroChemPSC Utility jobs. This includes responsibility for proper operation of equipment, driving company equipment and ensuring accurate documentation related to the job is completed in a timely fashion.
HydroChemPSC is the premier industrial cleaning and environmental services company in North America supporting the upstream, downstream and utility sectors. HydroChemPSC offers an exceptional three-pronged safety system, innovative career development platform, committed customer service, deep industry expertise, and advanced technology and automation. We are committed to safety, people, growth, service and performance. We provide the safest, most efficient operational experience for our customers and the most comprehensive training and career development for our employees.
- Inspect loads to ensure that cargo is secure.
- Maintain logs of working hours or of vehicle service or repair status, following applicable state and federal regulations.
- Secure cargo for transport, using ropes, blocks, chain, binders, or covers.
- Maneuver trucks into loading or unloading positions, following signals from loading crew and checking that vehicle and loading equipment are properly positioned.
- Report vehicle defects, accidents, traffic violations, or damage to the vehicles immediately.
- Obtain receipts or signatures for delivered goods and services when required.
- Drive trucks with capacities greater than 3 tons, including tractor-trailer combinations, to transport and deliver products and other materials.
- Check all load-related documentation for completeness and accuracy.
- Read bills of lading to determine assignment details.
- Collect delivery instructions from appropriate sources, verifying instructions and routes.
- Drive trucks to weigh stations before and after loading and along routes in compliance with state regulations.
- Couple or uncouple trailers by changing trailer jack positions, connecting or disconnecting air or electrical lines, or manipulating fifth-wheel locks.
- Check conditions of trailers after contents have been unloaded to ensure that there has been no damage.
- Perform basic vehicle maintenance tasks, such as adding oil, fuel, or radiator fluid or performing minor repairs.
- Read and interpret maps to determine vehicle routes.
- Operate equipment, such as truck cab computers, phones, or global positioning systems (GPS) equipment to exchange necessary information with bases, supervisors, or other drivers.
- Load or unload hazardous and non-hardardouns waste materials from trucks or help others with loading or unloading, using special loading-related equipment or other equipment as necessary.
- Labels, marks and manifests shipments in accordance with applicable regulations and company policies, practices and procedures.
- Remove debris from loaded trailers.
- Follow special cargo-related procedures, such as checking straps and come-a-longs
- Inventory and inspect goods to be moved to determine quantities and conditions.
- Install or remove special equipment, such as tire chains.
- May drive electric or hybrid-electric powered trucks or alternative fuel-powered trucks to transport and deliver products or other material
- High school diploma/GED or equivalent experience.
Skills and experience:
- Minimum of two years, verifiable service within the commercial trucking industry.
- Class A commercial driver's license
- End Dump Trucks
- Roll-Off Trucks
- Tanker & Vacuum Trucks
- Understanding of DOT’s safety program & standards.
- Possess excellent communications and human relations skills
- Mechanical aptitude and experience troubleshooting transportation equipment is preferred
HydroChemPSC and its subsidiaries affords equal opportunity in employment to all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, pregnancy, familial status, disability status, veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected under Federal, State or Local law. HydroChemPSC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.