As a Facility Warehouse Worker (internally referred to as a Facility Technician) you would be responsible for performing hands-on operations outdoors associated with loading and unloading 55-gallon drums, offloading vans, working with tanks, and completing paperwork for waste tracking/inventory purposes. We are looking for safety-oriented and reliable individuals who do not mind physically intensive work to join our team in San Jose, CA.
Candidates must be flexible to work: days, nights, and occasional weekends.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5;
- Competitive pay and benefits;
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days;
- Group 401-K retirement savings with company matching;
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career;
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement;
- Positive and safe work environments.
- Ensures that Health and Safety is the number one priority by complying with all safe work practices, policies, and processes and acting in a safe manner at all times;
- Performs hands on operations such as drum pumping, drum dumping, tank farm operations and offloading vans;
- Performs drum storage and drum repacks;
- Operates a forklift as needed;
- Completes and submits all associated paperwork as required for waste tracking movements, able to use scanning application for dumping and pumping;
- Reviews all applicable SOP's and satisfactorily completes quizzes;
- Meets or exceeds production goals;
- Must maintain a clean work environment;
- Must be willing to work outdoors the majority of the time;
- Understands Clean Compliance Standards;
- Performs general warehouse duties, housekeeping, and preventative maintenance tasks as needed;
- Performs other duties and tasks as assigned from time to time.
- High School diploma or equivalent required;
- 6+ months of previous experience working in a warehouse or another industrial work environment preferred;
- Forklift experience preferred;
- Basic knowledge of chemistry and warehouse racking systems preferred;
- Ability to work under adverse work conditions, heat & cold preferred;
- Ability to work in a team environment;
- Accountability and punctuality required.
• Climb on and off forklifts;• Lifting up to 50 lbs from the ground to your waste; • Climb up and down vertical ladders; • Capable of reaching out, over and down exerting a force; • 20/20 eyesight corrected or uncorrected - depth perception is critical; • 10 pushups, deep knee squats and sit-ups (to determine if fit); • Good hand/eye coordination.
Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout North America. The Company serves a diverse customer base, including a majority of the Fortune 500 companies, thousands of smaller private entities and numerous federal, state, provincial and local governmental agencies. Through its Safety-Kleen subsidiary, Clean Harbors also is a premier provider of used oil recycling and re-refining, parts washers and environmental services for the small quantity generator market. Headquartered in Norwell, Massachusetts, Clean Harbors has waste disposal facilities and service locations throughout the United States and Canada, as well as Mexico and Puerto Rico.
We appreciate all those interested in joining the Clean Harbors team; only those that complete the online application and meet the minimum job qualifications will be considered for this role.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.