The Senior Field Project Manager based out of Guelph, Ontario is responsible for managing nation-wide remediation projects including contaminated soil excavation, in-situ and ex-situ soil treatment, facility demolition, waste transportation and disposal.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive wages
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment
- Group RRSP with company matching component
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement
- Positive and safe work environments
- Ensuring that Health and Safety is the number one priority by complying with all safe work practices, policies, and processes and acting in a safe manner at all times;
- Serves as Project Manager for Clean Harbors National Remediation branch;
- Manages and oversees small to large size, technically complex projects involving waste site cleanup and construction, building and equipment decontamination and demolition;
- Prepare proposals, including cost estimates and work scopes and schedules;
- Acts as an agent of business and is involved with developing relationships with key customers and understanding our customers’ concerns and priorities;
- Oversee project team including field supervisors, heavy equipment operators and technical support staff in order to meet project objectives and budget expectations;
- Provides engineering and technical support to field service offices;
- Takes lead on all credit and collections issues as it relates to managed projects;
- Provides technical support to Clean Harbors field service offices;
- Documents all aspects of the response action and compiles site data required to characterize the nature and extent of contamination, the hydrology and geological stratigraphy of the disposal site, and the environmental receptors that may be affected;
- Performs other duties and tasks as assigned from time to time by management and will be required by the needs of the Clean Harbors business;
- With support of office management team, assist with procurement for projects including materials, equipment rental, temporary labor, and subcontractors;
- Provides timely, concise and relevant information to superiors and subordinates;
- Provides technical support for proposal preparation, project cost estimates and subcontractor selection and procurement;
- Enforce the policies and procedures as it relates to Health & Safety. Will be measured off the district’s health and safety record. Works closely with the Director of Health and Safety in resolving issues in an appropriate and timely manner;
- Performs other duties and tasks as assigned from time to time by management and will be required by the needs of the Clean Harbors business.
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- High school diploma or equivalent required;
- Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering, Environmental Sciences or related disciplines preferred;
- 5+ years’ demonstrated Project Management experience in environmental remediation or site construction;
- Cost estimating experience and ability to develop and present Project Change Orders;
- Ability to review and interpret technical specifications and drawings;
- Excellent writing and communication skills;
- Strong environmental remediation background and experience;
- Computer literate and fully proficient in Windows-based business software including Word and Excel;
- Excellent presentation skills;
- Ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously;
- Strong customer management skills;
- Ability to work in a team environment and independently;
- Excellent interpersonal silks;
- Knowledge of Federal and State regulations governing remedial sites;
- Ability to travel for extended periods;
- Ability to perform site survey work and/or general construction tasks (concrete placement, piping, etc), a plus.
Wondering what to expect in starting your career with Clean Harbors? Click Here to view a Day in the Life Video!
40-years of sustainability in action. At Clean Harbors, our mission is to create a safer, cleaner environment through the treatment, recycling, and disposal of hazardous materials. Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is on-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
Join our safety focused team today! To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at https://careers.cleanharbors.com/.
For additional information about driver career opportunities, please call us at 1-833-32-DRIVE (1-833-32-37483).
Clean Harbors is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ancestry, color, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or on the basis of any other federal, state/provincial or local protected class.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.