The Mechanical Services Technician know internally as the InSite Foreman is responsible for preventative maintenance and repairs throughout the Clients worksite located in Yorktown Heights, NY. This is a hands-on position in a Hazmat Environment. You will ensure that all health and safety organizational program requirements are adhered to and that the work is performed on time. This is a Great opportunity to use your HVAC, Automotive or other mechanical skills in a job with a solid career path.
This position includes but is not limited to the following duties:
- Maintenance and repairs mechanical instrumentation throughout work location using power tools and hand tools.
- Install, inspect, calibrate, modify, test, and remove mechanical instrumentation
- Completing all required paperwork including record maintenance information, test results, material usage, and repairs made.
- Interacts directly with customers in a professional and effective manner to keep them informed of the status of projects and/or to resolve any problems.
- Responsible for the Health and Safety oversight of each task or project that they are assigned.
- Performs other projects as assigned by management.
- High School Diploma Required (BS/BA in Environmental Studies preferred)
- 2 Years Professional Mechanical Experience
- Ability to wear all required (PPE) personal protective equipment at all designated times
- Strong Computer Skills
- Requires sitting, standing, walking, pulling and/or pushing, stooping, and lifting
- Attention to Detail
- Able to handle multiple tasks
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority, and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive wages and weekly overtime opportunities
- Comprehensive Health, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance coverage after 30 days of employment
- Company paid certifications, and training
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.
Transitioning Military, this is a great opportunity to leverage your skills and training as you return to civilian life. These positions offer the opportunity to work as part of a team and grow and advance from entry-level to management at Clean Harbors.