The Vice President of Procurement oversees all aspects of Strategic Sourcing, Supplier Development, Contract Governance and Spending activities. The primary objective will be to minimize the organization’s overall costs by leading the development and continuous improvement of global sourcing and purchasing strategies. The VP of Procurement will lead a team responsible for both direct and indirect materials. This position will be responsible for directing and leading purchasing and supply management activities as well as coaching and guiding team members in building end to end purchasing strategies and ensuring compliance to strategic sourcing process to optimize and leverage spend. This position will also be responsible for delivering financial and negotiated savings targets, innovation, and continuous improvement in total cost of ownership year over year, while maintaining or improving product quality and supplier service levels.
This individual in this position works closely with the business to understand their needs, and leads a team that serves as the point of contact for all purchases, deliveries and problems with products and services. Articulates and negotiates service level agreements. Establishes systems and procedures to ensure and enhance overall quality of vendor services. Establishes requirements and monitoring measures for suppliers to achieve process and quality standards and commitments. Facilitates development of team and partner relationships with vendors and/or suppliers and maintains relationships for long-term contracts. Continually seeks optimal value in service from vendors, reviewing and monitoring performance and return-on-investment metrics and initiating contract modifications. Pursues new vendor relationships as needed.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Leading Environment Sustainability and Circular Economy Efforts
- Spirited and passionate team who display core values of safety, teamwork, integrity, customer service and stakeholder value
- Competitive wages
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment
- Group 401K with company matching component
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement
- Positive and safe work environments
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure Health and Safety is the number one goal by following policies, process and acting in a safe manner at all time. Drive standardization of processes and procedures, transaction methods with suppliers, supplier selection processes / ongoing supplier management, data collection, negotiation, performance improvement, cost reduction and communication strategies;
- Originate, lead negotiation efforts and govern purchase agreements and vendor contracts with a bias for achievement of quality, delivery, cost containment and process improvement. Identifies and capitalizes on opportunities to reduce purchasing costs;
- Develop and maintain systematic, analytical and results-based method for monitoring supplier’s performance and communicate these results to the suppliers and end users. Provide timely and actionable information for corrective actions to be taken where necessary to both the supplier and end users. Develop and utilize benchmarks and scorecards to be used for continuous improvement; creation and improvement of best-practice based processes and procedures;
- Manage and support corporate oversight for purchases, across multiple expense categories and creates strategic vision for the company as well as driving purchasing synergies to achieve cost savings across company product lines. Create and enforce Purchasing policies;
- Develop multi-year strategy around optimizing supplier base. Ensure purchasing actions are jointly developed, fully communicated, and correctly integrated into strategic plans and budgets of the BUs;
- Foster meaningful business relationships across business units to ensure the effectiveness of purchasing strategies and deploy Subject Matter Experts as necessary to cement change. Manage purchasing staffing and across existing sourcing functions.
VP Purchasing qualifications needed, job specification:
- BA/BS in supply chain management, economics, finance, operations, engineering, business, accounting or manufacturing related field or equivalent experience preferred. MBA a plus;
- At least 15+ years related work experience. Strong analytical skills;
- Professional certification in procurement, sourcing, supply chain is desirable;
- At least 5+ years’ strategic sourcing and indirect spend/logistics experience supporting a multi-state matrix organization. Proven track record of initiating and carrying out cost reduction/productivity improvement programs. Must be a problem solver;
- Ability to make strategic buying recommendations and take appropriate action;
- Great attention to detail, and the ability to thrive in a team based corporate culture. Demonstrated strength working cross functionally to drive issue resolution;
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communications, listening and presentation skills;
- A progressive, proactive approach that is eager to embrace technology and modern management principles;
- Experience in dealing with manufacturers and distributors;
- Experience providing purchasing support to executive clients;
- Must possess the ability to ""sell"" purchasing’s value and to run Purchasing as a services business like any other well-run professional services business;
- Working knowledge of contract administration/law;
- Working knowledge of finance and/or accounting in terms of budgeting, cost management, financial accounting, treasury, risk management, etc;
- Experience with a P&L business unit or division management;
- Experience with ERP &; ERP implementation experience a plus;
- Excellent organization and time management skills to handle multiple tasks and deadlines in an environment with large volumes of data;
- Strong leadership and negotiation skills.
Join our team today! To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at https://careers.cleanharbors.com/
Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is one-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
We thank all those interested in joining the Clean Harbors team; however only those that complete the online application and meet the minimum job qualifications will be considered for this role.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.