Clean Harbors is currently looking for an experienced Health and Safety Representative to join the team. This role is responsible for travelling to various client sites throughout Western Canada to provide complete, thorough and professional health, safety advice; for promoting a positive safety culture.
**Please note: This Oppotunity will be supporting Turn Arounds and Vacation Coverage
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive wages
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment
- Group RRSP with company matching component
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement
- Positive and safe work environments
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
- Ensuring that Health and Safety is the number one priority by complying with all safe work practices, policies, and processes and acting in a safe manner always;
- Conduct health and safety inspections, observations, audits, compliance monitoring and investigations on various client sites;
- Assist with training analysis and coordination;
- Assist in the development of procedures and hazard assessments;
- Provide leadership, guidance and advice for maintaining workplace health & safety and training compliance to the operations groups; along with guidance on Clean Harbors specific processes and expectations
- Coach, manage and supervise teams to further enhance their safety responsibility and performance;
- Foster and maintain positive client and Clean Harbors operational relationships.
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- Minimum of 5 years Health and Safety experience in an industrial setting;
- Knowledge of the following is preferred:
- A recognized Occupational Health and Safety designation preferred, along with First Aid, Confined Space and Fall Protection certification;
- Clean Class 5 driver's license
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills;
- Must have CSO - Contructions Safety Oficer Certificate*
- Strong knowledge of regulations
Join our team today! To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us atwww.cleanharbors.com/careers
Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is one-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
We thank all those interested in joining the Clean Harbors team; however only those that complete the online application and meet the minimum job qualifications will be considered for this role.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.