Safety-Kleen is looking for a Government Business Development Specialist to join their safety conscious team! This role is responsible for obtaining new accounts and expanding and/or maintaining existing accounts for key customers nationwide. Position may require travel away from home up to 25-50%.
Why work for Safety-Kleen?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5! Competitive wages
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment
- Group 401K with company matching component generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement
- Positive and safe work environments
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
- Ensures Health and Safety is the number one priority by complying with all safe work practices, policies, and processes and acting in a safe manner at all times;
- Obtain a minimum yearly goal in New Business accounts; Meet quarterly and annual revenue objectives;
- Meet or exceed the threshold for the established minimum number of sales calls per week, maintain company and contact information, and document all sales calls, customer visits, and business opportunities in Beacon Complete annual Sales Revenue Budget;
- Identifies Government business opportunities, direct and/or through online procurement acquisitions, by identifying prospects and evaluating their position in the marketplace; researching and analyze sales options through the bidding and contract processes;
- Promote communication and coordination between Sales, Operations, Customer Service and Customers;
- Develop and maintain Corporate level communication with key government officials; Give direction and support to local account managers, sales specialists and related personnel as needed;
- Identify Government locations agency-wide and direct the appropriate Sales personnel to those locations as needed;
- Seek and maintain relationships with policy and decision makers by building synergies and provide support information, and guidance while researching and recommending new opportunities;
- Assist in the collection of invoiced revenue from Customers;
- Ensure Customer satisfaction with Clean Harbors;
- Manage and control Sales expenses, and ensure the timely submission of business expenses;
- Maintain daily awareness of sales activities and results;
- Demonstrate ability to negotiate pricing and contract requirements; During Customer sales calls, determine adequacy of present level of service and recommend adjustments;
- Obtain signed agreement for new Government business;
- Participate in joint sales calls with Account Managers to promote business and to provide coaching and feedback to Account Managers;
- Review, understand and use Monthly Revenue and Receivable Reports.
What does it take to work for Safety-Kleen?
- Willing to travel away from home up to 25-50%;
- High school diploma or equivalent required; bachelors degree preferred;
- 5+ years industry and training experience;
- Driver License;
- Develop and maintain technical understanding of all Lines of Business;
- Ability to work with little or no supervision;
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously;
- Excellent presentation and writing skills;
- Develop and use effective customer service skills;
- Develop effective communication skills and leadership abilities;
- Develop and maintain proficiencies in Windows based applications.
Safety-Kleen Systems, a Clean Harbors company, has a commitment to excellence deeply rooted in a strong sense of tradition. Our entire business model revolves around keeping North American businesses green. We generate more than $1.2 billion in annual revenue as a world-class environmental service organization and market leader in industrial hazardous waste management, parts-cleaning technology, and oil re-refining. We collect over 200 million gallons of used motor oil each year and we have the largest re-refinery capacity in North America allowing us to re-refine more than 150 million gallons each year.
Every day, we help our customers resolve their waste management needs and reduce their carbon footprint. PROTECTION. CHOICES. PEOPLE. MAKE GREEN WORK.™
Join our safety focused team today! To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at www.safety-kleen.com/careers.
Clean Harbors is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ancestry, color, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or on the basis of any other federal, state/provincial or local protected class.
Safety-Kleen Systems, a Clean Harbors company, is a Military & Veteran friendly company.