Clean Harbors is looking for a HR Business Partner to join their safety conscious team! This role oversees the development and execution of business specific people initiatives that align and support overall business strategy. This role focuses on working with the business leaders to promote a culture of positive employee relations and employee engagement.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive wages
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment
- Group 401K with company matching component
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement
- Positive and safe work environments
- Ensuring that Health and Safety is the number one priority by complying with all safe work practices, policies, and processes and acting in a safe manner at all times;
- Maintains in-depth knowledge of Federal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risk and ensuring regulatory compliance;
- Consults with line management, providing HR expertise including change management;
- Increase leadership capability through coaching, development planning and facilitation;
- Building trusting relationships throughout the company by spending time in the field and getting to know the critical challenges to growing the business first hand;
- Coach, counsel and train all managers and employees company policies/procedures, organizational development training programs, career development, employee relations, labor relations, and all other training programs;
- Strategically collaborate with business leaders and deploy programs to understand and improve employee engagement, employee retention and turnover reduction; (including updating of policies etc.);
- Facilitate annual performance management, employee development, and compensation review practices; (life cycle, competency based pay programs);
- Manages and resolve complex employee relations issues. Conducts effective thorough and objective investigations.
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- Willing to travel away from home up to 30%+;
- 5+ years’ experience in the human resources field;
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources preferred or 2 years experience in lieu of degree required;
- Ability to bridge cross functional boundaries within an organization;
- Ability to make decisions in an adverse situation;
- Conflict resolution ability to support team development;
- Effective communication skills;
- Attention to detail, problem solving, effective communication skills;
- Presentation/public speaking skills;
- Project management experience.
Wondering what to expect in starting your career with Clean Harbors? Click Here to view a Day in the Life Video!
40-years of sustainability in action. At Clean Harbors, our mission is to create a safer, cleaner environment through the treatment, recycling, and disposal of hazardous materials. Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is on-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
Join our safety focused team today! To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at https://careers.cleanharbors.com/.
For additional information about driver career opportunities, please call us at 1-833-32-DRIVE (1-833-32-37483).
Clean Harbors is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ancestry, color, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or on the basis of any other federal, state/provincial or local protected class.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.