Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout North America. The Company serves a diverse customer base, including a majority of the Fortune 500 companies, thousands of smaller private entities and numerous federal, state, provincial and local governmental agencies. Through its Safety-Kleen subsidiary, Clean Harbors also is a premier provider of used oil recycling and re-refining, parts washers and environmental services for the small quantity generator market.
Headquartered in Norwell, Massachusetts, Clean Harbors has waste disposal facilities and service locations throughout the United States and Canada, as well as Mexico and Puerto Rico.
We offer competitive salaries and progressive benefits including health, dental, life insurance, 401K, Employee Stock Program, generous paid time off, tuition reimbursement and more. We offer a drug free work environment and require a pre-employment drug screen. All Applicants are subject to pre-employment security background checks, and some positions may require pre-employment physical fitness for duty tests
The Field Services Coordinator is responsible for the cost-effective coordination and direction of field personnel and equipment to complete assigned field service projects and emergency responses.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
• Ensures Health and Safety is the number one goal by following policies, processes, and acting in a safe manner at all times.
• Enforces the policies and procedures as it relates to Health & Safety. Will be measured off the districts health and safety record. Works closely with the Director of Health and Safety and VP of Site Services in resolving issues in an appropriate and timely manner.
• Manages large scale field service and emergency response projects when directed.
• Acts as the on-call coordinator on an as needed basis.
• Responds immediately when on-call or secures proper coverage and communicates replacement name to supervisor/manager.
• Responsible for the inspection of the Service Center property on a daily basis to ensure the facility is clean and in compliance with federal, state or local laws, including “best in class” inspections.
• Directs personnel in the operational procedures to complete assignments and understand manpower and equipment requirements to complete field service projects and emergency responses.
• Acts as office liaison for the field service personnel in the field and has independent authority to determine who may or may not work on a given shift.
• Ensures rolling stock equipment is properly maintained and permitted for operations.
• Maintains proper inventory of equipment and supplies for current workload.
• Maintains proper working order and maintenance for assigned company equipment and or vehicles.
• Responsible for the proper completion of worksheets, vehicle inspections and equipment inspections.
• Creates daily schedule for field service work.
• Responsible for the inspection, requests for service and repair of equipment and material in the service center and ensures proper return of equipment on a daily basis.
• Enforces and ensures OSHA, EPA and H&S standards or regulations are complaint and responsible for the timely reporting of work-related accidents or incidents to immediate supervisor.
• Performs other duties and tasks as assigned from time to time by management and will be required by the needs of the Clean Harbors business.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and complexity of the work being performed by personnel assigned to this classification, and do not represent an exhaustive list of all tasks, duties, and responsibilities required of personnel assigned to this position. It does not prescribe or restrict the work that may be assigned.
• High School diploma or equivalency
• Bachelors degree in environmental studies (preferred).
• 2-4 years field service operations experience.
• Ability to manage change.
• Ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Ability to understand issues and resolve/address strategically.
• Basic understanding of Clean Harbors business systems.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Knowledge of Federal, state and local environmental regulations as well as Clean Harbors policies and procedures related to field operations.
• Knowledge of various types of equipment.
• Proficient in Windows based applications.
• Strong customer management, leadership and supervisory skills.
• Understanding of Corporate Safety & Compliance Policies.
• Requires near visual acuity, speaking and listening.
• Requires sitting, standing, walking, grasping and reaching.
• Require lifting up to 10lbs, pulling and/or pushing and carrying
Clean Harbors is an Equal Opportunity Employer*CH