The Line of Business (LOB) Sales Specialist is a “Subject Matter Expert” and responsible for profitable revenue growth of Clean Harbors’ InSite Services throughout their specified sales territory.
InSite Services is Clean Harbors’ onsite/in-plant service program through which dedicated full-time personnel and equipment assets deliver a full range of environmental, industrial, and waste management services, in response to our customer’s site specific outsourcing needs.
Position can sit anywhere in California. Position can also sit in either Chicago or Seattle.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive wages
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment
- Group 401K with company matching component
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement
- Positive and safe work environments
- Ensuring that Health and Safety is the number one priority by complying with all safe work practices, policies, and processes and acting in a safe manner at all times;
- Lead the development of all InSite opportunities, which routinely consist of complex, multifaceted service scopes;
- Focus primarily on new business development, but also on identify and support organic growth opportunities at existing InSite accounts by engaging with local sales teams, InSite Program Managers and customer contacts to cross sell all Clean Harbors lines of business;
- Collaborate with and align sales and operational management teams from multiple lines of business in order to develop proposals that promote value through a cohesive, turnkey environmental approach;
- Develop executive summaries for new business opportunities and work with regional and executive operational managers to evaluate profitability;
- Present Clean Harbors’ Company and InSite Services overview of capabilities in order to qualify new business opportunities, as well as deliver presentations detailing customer specific InSite Services program requirements and implementation strategies;
- Attend customer site walks and develop site specific scopes of work;
- Develop and conduct quarterly and annual business review presentations with customer stakeholders in order to communicate and align InSite Program support focused on continuous quality improvement;
- Work with District Sales Managers to continuously evaluate InSite markets, identify target accounts, and strategize new account penetration initiatives;
- Attend Business Development Meetings and Regional Sales meetings to maximize communication to local Specialists and Account Managers regarding technical expertise, LOB/enhancements, value proposition, and competitor updates as needed;
- Maintain company/contact information and document all sales calls, customer visits and business opportunities in Salesforce;
- Work closely with marketing team to develop new proposal content and customer deliverables communicating the latest InSite Program service capabilities;
- Perform other duties and tasks as assigned from time to time by management and will be required by the needs of the Clean Harbors business.
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- 5+ years industry sales, account management and/or environmental program management experience;
- Bachelor’s degree in environmental science or business management required;
- Technical knowledge and market knowledge in hazardous waste, DOT, compliance, and/or specialized waste services;
- An in-depth understanding of the competitors and their capabilities. Must be able to support strategic pricing based on market and competitor knowledge;
- Working knowledge of business development, revenue enhancement and market penetration.
- Negotiating skills required;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to effectively manage both internal and customer relationships;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Customer service orientated;
- 20-40% travel required – heavier in the first 6-12 months.
Wondering what to expect in starting your career with Clean Harbors? Click Here to view a Day in the Life Video!
40-years of sustainability in action. At Clean Harbors, our mission is to create a safer, cleaner environment through the treatment, recycling, and disposal of hazardous materials. Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is on-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
Join our safety focused team today! To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at https://careers.cleanharbors.com/.
For additional information about driver career opportunities, please call us at 1-833-32-DRIVE (1-833-32-37483).
Clean Harbors is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ancestry, color, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or on the basis of any other federal, state/provincial or local protected class.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.