This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Cranston, RI, United States
Date Posted: Sep 28, 2021
Category: Equipment Operator
Job ID: 77292
Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout North America. The Company serves a diverse customer base, including a majority of the Fortune 500 companies, thousands of smaller private entities and numerous federal, state, provincial and local governmental agencies. Through its Safety-Kleen subsidiary, Clean Harbors also is a premier provider of used oil recycling and re-refining, parts washers and environmental services for the small quantity generator market.
Headquartered in Norwell, Massachusetts, Clean Harbors has waste disposal facilities and service locations throughout the United States and Canada, as well as Mexico and Puerto Rico.
We offer competitive salaries and progressive benefits including health, dental, life insurance, 401K, generous paid time off, tuition reimbursement and more. We offer a drug free work environment and require a pre-employment drug screen. All Applicants are subject to pre-employment security background checks, and some positions may require pre-employment physical fitness for duty tests.
The Equipment Operator I operates heavy equipment within the facility. Assures unit has daily maintenance duties performed and communicates any problems or issues with the unit immediately upon discovery.
• Ensures Health and Safety is the number one goal by following policies, processes, and acting in a safe manner at all times.
• Performs one of the following, backhoe, heavy duty crane, heavy duty forklift, and/or trackhoe.
• Operates a forklift as necessary.
• Completes daily checklist as required for proper operation of the unit being operated.
• Assures unit is never operated in an unsafe manner or in a manner which is inconsistent with Standard Operating Procedures.
• Completes and submits all associated paperwork as required for waste tracking movements.
• Assures that all containers are properly secured, ie chockblocks, jackstands.
• Ensures that work meets all applicable Health and Safety Standard Operating Procedures.
• Ensures that work meets compliance standards within facility operation.
• Maintain a clean work environment.
• Performs other duties and tasks as assigned from time to time by management and will be required by the needs of the Clean Harbors business.
• High School diploma or equivalent required
• 1+ years of equipment operating experience
• Training to operate equipment
• Ability to work in team environment.
• Demonstrates complete proficiency in operation of one of the following units: backhoe, heavy duty crane, heavy duty forklift, trackhoe
• Able to enter/exit heavy equipment without strain (sometimes climbing a ladder)
• Able to operate physical controls/pedals associated with the piece of equipment (manual dexterity)
• 20/20 eyesight corrected or uncorrected - depth perception is critical
• Needs good balance
• Ability to use tools and to assist in PM of Equipment
• Ability to lift hoods to assist with equipment repairs
• Ability to sit for extended periods of time
Employment is contingent upon a successful background check and drug screen. Some positions also require a pre-hire medical exam. Must meet all work eligibility requirements. Environmentally-responsible business.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veterans status or on the basis of disability.