Clean Harbors - South San Francisco, CA is looking for a Waste Handler to join our safety conscious team! These positions work both indoors and outdoors at plants, labs, and customer sites and are responsible for assisting with daily labpacks within customer facilities, household hazardous waste (HHW) collections and lab moves. These positions will work at various customer locations, such as but not limited to hospitals, retail, pharmaceutical and/or manufacturing companies. These are NOT laboratory-based positions.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive wages; (Hourly Pay; Time & 1/2 after 40hr)
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment
- Group 401K with company matching component
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement
- Positive and safe work environments
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
- Ensure that Health & Safety is the number one priority by complying with all safe work practices policies and processes and acting in a safe manner at all times
- Collect chemical and low-level radioactive waste pickups throughout customer facility as directed
- Perform a wide variety of waste management activities, often wearing PPE (overalls, respirator, hearing protection, etc.) to collect, package, label, identify, segregate, consolidate, treat, store, and verify hazardous, non-hazardous, and low-level radioactive waste
- Identify, segregate, consolidate, treat, store, verify, package, label and prepare for shipment chemical and low-level radioactive material
- Load and pack the waste properly and segregate for compatibility on the transport vehicle
- Overall quality control and proper packaging of waste to maximize efficiency and maintain compliance of waste materials to be shipped
- Understand customer specific disposal restrictions/special packaging requirements
- Perform other duties and tasks as assigned from time to time by management required by the needs of the Clean Harbors business
- Perform testing (pH, visual etc.) and sampling of waste to verify characterization and/or treatment results and operate radiation survey instruments to obtain radiological data
- Conduct chemical bulking/consolidation as required
- Gather, analyze, and identify problems and record basic pertinent data and information on radioactive and hazardous waste through interactions with personnel from RHWM (Radioactive and Hazardous Waste Management), Chemistry, Environment, Safety, and Health, and laboratory programs in order to properly characterize and manage the waste.
- Ensure work area maintained in a neat and orderly manner
- Participate in spill response on customer’s site as needed
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- Valid Driver’s License -Class C
- Chemical handling experience and/or chemistry knowledge
- Previous experience in a physically demanding position
- Strong customer service skills
- 40hr HAZWOPER training preferred
Wondering what to expect in starting your career with Clean Harbors?
Click Here to view a Day in the Life Video!
40-years of sustainability in action. Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is on-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
Join our safety focused team today! To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at https://careers.cleanharbors.com/
For additional information about driver career opportunities, please call us at 1-833-32-DRIVE (1-833-323-7483)
Clean Harbors is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ancestry, color, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or on the basis of any other federal, state/provincial or local protected class.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.