This job posting is no longer active.
Location: San Leon, TX, United States
Date Posted: Oct 12, 2021
Job ID: 77190
The Facility Technician II performs hands on operations such as drum pumping, drum dumping, tank farm operations.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
• Ensures Health and Safety is the number one goal by following policies, processes, and acting in a safe manner at all times.
• Performs more than one basic plant operations including, but not limited to, drum pumping, drum dumping, tank farm truck loading/unloading in Compliance with DOT segregation requirements, proper inventory warehousing, filter press operations, and inventory scanning applications.
• Operates a forklift when necessary, Responsible for performing and documenting daily safety check prior to operating.
• Completes and submits all associated paperwork as required for waste tracking movements, Able to use scanning application for dumping and pumping.
• Ensures that work meets all applicable Health and Safety Standard Operating Procedures.
• Ensures, understands and has ownership for area specific permit required compliance standards.
• Responsible for maintaining a clean work environment. • Reviews all applicable SOPs and satisfactorily completes quizzes.
• Understanding of Clean Compliance Standard. • Performs other duties and tasks as assigned from time to time by management and will be required by the needs of the Clean Harbors business.
• High School diploma or equivalency.
• 1+ year of experience in operations environment.
•Fork lift training (preferred).
• DOT training.
• Ability to work in team environment.
• Basic understanding of disposal outlets and technologies.
• Proficiency in the following functions
• Drum pumping
• Drum dumping
• Tank farm truck loading/unloading
• Truck offloading/loading
• Filter press operations
• Scanning applications for drum pumping and dumping
• Climb on and off forklifts
• Lifting up to 50 lbs from the ground to your waste
• Climb up and down vertical ladders
• Capable of reaching out, over and down exerting a force
• 20/20 eyesight corrected or uncorrected - depth perception is critical
• 10 pushups, deep knee squats and sit-ups (to determine if fit)
• Good hand/eye coordination
Clean Harbors is an Equal Opportunity Employer