Based in Houston, Texas. The Lead Welder Mechanic is responsible for the direct supervision of welders/fabricators and container maintenance mechanics, including ensuring that all health and safety requirements are adhered to and job requirements for budget and schedule are met, performing skilled work in the welding trade and general equipment repair to ensure the safe and efficient maintenance of company assets, such as performing various types of welding, cutting, grinding, metal fabrication, and general maintenance repairs on containers.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive wages;
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment ;
- Group 401K with company matching component;
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career.
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement;
- Positive and safe work environments;
- Ensure that Health and Safety is the number one priority by complying with all safe work practices, policies, and processes and acting in a safe manner at all times;
- Complete all repair and maintenance related tasks within time and budget constraints.
- Supervise operations at maintenance facilities, including oversight of employees and proper documentation of issues.
- Responsible for Daily review of containers designated within the network as out of service, and work with the container maintenance management to establish repair priorities.
- Supervise the process of repair, refurbishment, and preventative maintenance on all existing containers in the regional market; Assign daily, weekly and monthly tasks to maintenance employees to meet quality standards.
- Work closely with local facility operations and the transportation organization to efficiently transfer equipment and meet container sourcing needs.
- Ensure all maintenance and refurbishment work is complete and of sound quality prior to releasing to field operations.
- Use welding and mechanical knowledge with a “hands on approach” as needed
- Conduct periodic reviews of all established standard operating procedures for the repair operation including health and safety, company training programs, and other company policies and procedures.
- Ensure all equipment is included in preventative maintenance program and production quotas are achieved.
- Manage employee hours according to workload; Ensure vacation coverage and adequate cross training is in place to maintain consistent facility repair production.
- Responsible for maintaining appropriate inventory levels of supplies and repair materials; Work with container management personnel to obtain appropriate purchase orders per company policy.
- Conduct safety meetings on frequency dictated by management
- Maintain accurate and written and electronic documentation of all required safety materials, logs and compliance inspections.
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- 3+ years’ experience in a shop environment;
- Previous experience working with container maintenance strongly preferred;
- Experience in welding and metal fabrication Operations;
- Experience with Logistics and Transportation Operations;
- Experience in supervising personnel;
- Experience with Budget and Cost control;
- Experience with ordering and stock inventory management;
Wondering what to expect in starting your career with Clean Harbors? Click Here to view a Day in the Life Video along with additional information!
Join our team today! To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at https://careers.cleanharbors.com/
Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is one-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
We thank all those interested in joining the Clean Harbors team; however only those that complete the online application and meet the minimum job qualifications will be considered for this role.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.